PDA

View Full Version : Interior fabric cleaning

Gaboon
06-02-2013, 08:41 PM
As we all know, our interiors need cleaning after all these years.
Here's an inexpensive product that does a great job on fabric seats, seat belts etc.

Many of us have in the past used harsh chemical cleaners and soaps to clean our fabric seats and the such but I have a simple solution that cleans great and won't harm the fabric or plastic.

Most of the dirt and grime we see on our fabric seats is due to sweat and the such.

To clean effectively, mix a solution 1/3 hydrogen peroxide and 2/3 water in a spray bottle. Vacuum the interior thoroughly, then spay the solution liberally on the fabric and let sit.
Spray the fabric once again let sit a minute and with a clean hand towel, rub the fabric to remove excess dirt and grime.
Let dry and Voila! Your fabric will be clean and no harm will be done as opposed to harsh cleaners.

This solution also works great on carpets soiled by your animals #1 and #2 and also works to remove blood, red wine, juices and any type of natural stain.

I've used this solution for years now and as some of you can attest, my interior is as close to new looking as can be for a car over 25 years old.