PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wiper removal on a P-Body

BoostedSC
05-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Title says it all. Tried everything I can think but it feels like the thing is going to break. Help!!!!!

cordes
05-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Are you talking about the actual wiper or the arm?

There is a stud on the arm which goes through the wiper body. You can see the round ball on the top side of the wiper. Some of them push down over the recess in that stud. Others slide over it and have a small clip piece in the center which sits in the channel.

The actual arm is removed by popping the cover up and then removing the 13mm nut on there. It's then somewhat difficult to remove the arm if it hasn't been off in a long while. I usually use a large screwdriver to work around the base of it and pop it off.

contraption22
05-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Sometimes a small two-jaw puller might be needed.

BoostedSC
05-29-2013, 03:37 PM
cordes,

When you say cover...I'm guessing you mean the part of the wiper closest to the body of the car? I've attached a picture...it sure doesn't seem like that cover just pops open but I'll try it again and see what happens.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/579108/IMG_0272.JPG

cordes
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that cover pops off. If you pull it from the rounded end it'll swing up and away from the windshield. Don't be too worried if you rip it off. I'm not sure if they're supposed to come off like that, but they often times do and then go back on.

BoostedSC
05-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Cover worked. I had initially tried that but was afraid something was wrong. It was quite difficult to get popped and took some persuasion but after that it was cake. Thanks guys.