PDA

View Full Version : 2 birds with one... Omni

BoostedDrummer
05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
So today I decided since it's my day off, that I would drive north toward Atlanta to go to Summit Racing in McDonough, Georgia. I wanted to get some new hood pins, the ones with cables that go under the hood. My luck however wasnt too good since when I got there, a big sign was on the front glass that said that they are closed for Memorial Day.. I've been to the desert! Lemme in!!! MEEHHH!!!

My pouting over, I took some pics of the Omni in front of Summit, and got back on the highway to head back home. On the way up, I noticed about 6 cops had people pulled over so I watched my speed (as well as I could from the tach, my speedo is still unhooked) by staying with the flow of traffic. So, on my way back, I was wary of my speed and to not tempt any mustangs or chargers that would happen to ride my a$$ to get me out of the way.. little do they know, eh?:eyebrows:

About halfway home most of the traffic had dispersed and there was only me, an 18 wheeler, and a toyota Camry on the highway within about a mile stretch of road. As I come up over the hill I cant help but notice a Honda Prelude going pretty slow in the far right lane with one fuzzy dice hanging from his back bumper. From watching National Geographics "Street Racing: Zero Tolerance" on youtube, I know that he means he's looking for a race. Im in the middle lane with no one in the far left lane (3 lane). As I come up slowly behind him, I get about even and then he takes off a bit spewing some black smoke and a few bumble bees from what it sounded like. I don't do anything but maintain my speed and move over to the far left lane. He slows down and gets in the middle lane. Were running about even and I can now make out that its a Honda Prelude fourth generation (before the new ones with the long nose and square headlights) and that they came with a DOHC H22 VTEC motor. I dont know much, but I know its a popular motor with them. He looks at me and I gave him the go ahead nod after a quick blip of the throttle on my behalf. He honks three times and unleashes the horsepower of 10 weedwackers from Sears. I downshift into fourth and let him get a car length in front of me. I floor it. Boost starts climbing and I rocket ahead to see his buddy, a boxy looking RX-7, coming closer to me and his tail lights coming on. I pass him and get on the brakes. By this time the Prelude is about 10 cars back.

As I slow down back to 3K rpm in 5th gear, which is about 70mph according to the gps, the prelude gets up next to me and I get a big thumbs up and smile from this kid. He backs away and his buddy in the RX-7 gets next to me. I give him the same blip of the throttle and nod. He honks three times and I hear his little rotary spin high up into the rpms, I'm assuming near 16,000 rpm(I'm guesstimating, could of been 18,000rpm:confused2:) But I do the same as before and drop it down to 4th and floor it with the same outcome. Again, I got a thumbs up and he yells at me wanting to look at the car. I do so. We go to a gas station off the highway and they are awe struck with the car and what it can do. They were really interested in the history of it and how rare it was. I told them about FWDPerf and they were amazed at the work done to it and how much can be pulled from a SOHC engine from the 80's. All in all they were some pretty cool kids, still in high school by the looks of it, but they werent sore or anything about losing to a 1986 Dodge Omni :)

The End.

jackerman
05-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Nice killz

168glhs1986
05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Enjoyed the read while on the crapper. Nice one

85glht
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Great kills!..... Good to see some kids aren't complete dicks.