PDA

View Full Version : CSX shifter console charcoal color or black?

4 l-bodies
05-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Think I already know the answer to this but I would like to hear from other owners. I was cleaning interior on my CSX-T, I thought hum...this is different than my yellow ES shadow. Is the console that surrounds the shifter (see pic) and the forward console storage compartment door (one that holds beverages) supposed to be black or color coded (charcoal) on the 87 & 88 CSX's?
My two 89 ES shadow's were painted interior color (both door and console around shifter) but the CSX-T is black in both of these areas. I think that is correct but really looks unfinished compared to ES cars.
Also, did the CSX-T come with passenger swivel map light and mirrors in sun visors?

Todd

CSX321
05-25-2013, 02:35 AM
The '87 didn't have cup holders, and has a different style console. The '89 is supposed to be gray. Not sure about the '88, I'm afraid.

4 l-bodies
05-25-2013, 12:11 PM
The '87 didn't have cup holders, and has a different style console. The '89 is supposed to be gray. Not sure about the '88, I'm afraid.
Thanks for the info. That sounds familiar about the 87. I just looked up console parts in parts book and they refer to the smaller console as a "consolette" hehe... Looks like the two different styles of consoles were available through at least 1993. Also some console parts were different if 2 dr or 4 dr, or if passive restraint.
So I guess it's just a 88 CSX-T I'm talkin about. Supposed to be black or charcoal?
Todd

4 l-bodies
06-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Nevermind. Already refinished.