PDA

View Full Version : TIII What's needed to run +40s

91RT
05-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Hey everyone I finally have my r/t running right and I currently have my fmic installed and I also have 3 inch exhaust and a few other little things. I bought +40s from someone and now I would like to put them on my question is what do I need to run these injectors? Do I need a fuel pressure regulator? Fuel pump? Or will I only need that stuff if I'm gonna run a bigger turbo.

Thanks,
Mike

Lotashelbys
05-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I would pick up a 3BAR MAP and AFPR and an FWD Stage 4 cal. I run those in alot of TIII cars and they work well together and street driveability is just like stock.

91RT
05-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I would pick up a 3BAR MAP and AFPR and an FWD Stage 4 cal. I run those in alot of TIII cars and they work well together and street driveability is just like stock.
Awesome thanks will I need a new fuel pump or not yet? Alsoif I get that cal then do I just use a manual boost controller to set what boost I wanna run?

DCTZ
05-21-2013, 12:33 PM
With the +40 you will be going down in fuel pressure so the pump will work less hard. I converted my stock fuel pressure regulator to adjustable. I have +20 injectors. I also have a fuel pressure gauge.

DOHCRT
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Actually with a properly done cal and 3 bar MAP, the fuel pressure should be near stock, (minor adjustments for fine tuning may be required). You CAN fudge it with the adjustable press reg and other things; but the proper cal will allow you to run higher boost with all of the support systems running as the factory designed them.