PDA

View Full Version : Boost Issue

show-off
01-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Car runs great thanks to DodgeZ & Forcefedmopar! But I got a problem if you can call it that. I am running a stock T2 setup during break-in and on a T1 car. The solenoid on the pass firewall for the wastegate is different b/w the 2. My T1 has no bottom barb. The solenoid next to it has all three so I hook up the vac on the bottom and the wastegate on the side with the top as a bleed. It overboosts every time!!! Yes I switch the wiring plug at the bottom of the solenoid! It goes into the 16-18 range...why?

How can I hook it up to control boost to stock 12psi or so?

Thanks,
Mark

cordes
01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
I would double check to make sure that the WGS is in the same position on both cars. If the solenoid does not have all three barbs, I can't I cant think of how it would work as a boost control devise either.

show-off
01-05-2006, 11:31 PM
T1's have a barb to WG nipple then "t" into the turbo housing with an orifice and the top barb on the solenoid bleeds off.

T2 has barb to Vac source, barb to WG, and 1 bleeding off.

cordes
01-05-2006, 11:40 PM
T1's have a barb to WG nipple then "t" into the turbo housing with an orifice and the top barb on the solenoid bleeds off.

T2 has barb to Vac source, barb to WG, and 1 bleeding off.

OK. You should be able to duplicate that with the new setup too given your TII turbo has the provision for the 1/8th NPT fitting in the compressor housing. If not, you could just take a direct manifold source and do the same thing.