PDA

View Full Version : good Beehive replacement valve +1mm part #

trannybuster
05-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks in advance.....782 head.

turbovanmanČ
05-18-2013, 03:35 AM
Huh? What are you looking for, the valves or springs?

zin
05-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Both ... I think.

Mike

trannybuster
05-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Just the valve part number would be great, thx gents.

turbovanmanČ
05-19-2013, 03:26 AM
Don't think anyone has one, call up TU, FWD or Forward Motion as they stock them but no part numbers. Its a secret, :p

4 l-bodies
05-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Huh? What are you looking for, the valves or springs?
You read my mind, Simon. Huh, was first thing I said too...

4 l-bodies
05-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Meow Cats out of the bag. Many are running Comp cams 26995 spring.

trannybuster
05-21-2013, 11:59 AM
You read my mind, Simon. Huh, was first thing I said too...

^^ good Beehive replacement valve +1mm part #...really? Ive looked and just couldnt find the number...all these experts and no number...wow....lol...not even a mention that hey can be bought at FWD.

4 l-bodies
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
^^ good Beehive replacement valve +1mm part #...really? Ive looked and just couldnt find the number...all these experts and no number...wow....lol...not even a mention that hey can be bought at FWD.
Your subject title is rather confusing. My mistake, I thought you were looking for springs not valves. BTW- Simon in Post # 5 suggested you call FWD for your needs.
BTW the valves have nothing to do with what spring you want to run. You can run beehives springs with stock valves, +1mm, 44/38mm, tulip, nailhead, import, domestic, stainless, Ti, turbo, N/A, 1 piece , 2 piece, etc. Get my point?
It sounds like you want a manufacturer and part # so you can buy from different source than TU, FWD, FM, MRX, Call them up and see where that gets you.
Todd

trannybuster
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Hmm maybe Im cornfused then because I read different retainers are needed for the beehives and to use the right angle keeper you needed custom valve...?...Where I get them is moot, I just want to make sure I get the right stuff.

4 l-bodies
05-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Hmm maybe Im cornfused then because I read different retainers are needed for the beehives and to use the right angle keeper you needed custom valve...?...Where I get them is moot, I just want to make sure I get the right stuff.
If using OEM Mopar 4 groove exhaust lock there is a 1° mismatch. Many have used them on GM or aftermarket retainers appearently with no ill effects. I really don't recommend it though. What you are looking for then is an exhaust valve with single groove lock. Yes that will be aftermarket. Some MP exhaust valves had the single groove lock. Yes, you obviously do need the correct retainers to run beehives. You might try Steve Menegon and see if he will order you some. He uses a cut down Manley SBC valve. These are not cheap import valves, but valves made and machined in USA. They are excellent quality valve. Since they are made from valve blanks, you can specific tip height, diameter, and style of lock groove.
Hope this info is helpful.
Todd

trannybuster
05-21-2013, 07:14 PM
^^Thanks, much clarification!