PDA

View Full Version : SDAC recommendations

minigts
05-15-2013, 12:28 AM
I'd like to make a few recommendations.

Previous Years Calendars available at the show - Personally I'd like to get ones for a year or two I missed and if anyone missed any of them I'm sure they would sell, just an idea.

SDAC event stickers - We got one in the bag last year, I think it was "SDAC 22, I was there" or something? Can we get these for previous years? Again, I think some would want to get them for the years they were there. It could be as simple as printing the main part and printing up some numbers for each year, keep it simple. I know I would buy one for each year that I've been there.

SDAC Registration Site - This may be just me, but the links for actually getting to the registration was at the very bottom of the page and not visible when I went to register today. May be the browser I'm using, but there was a lot of white space between the main block of text and where I needed to click to get to the link to register. Possibly move the links up to the top of the page? I checked this using Chrome and IE9 and both have a big gap on the page. Obviously I found it, but it's not obvious and it would make sense to place it somewhere visible and a larger font.

sdac guy
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I just checked the Online Store page using Firefox and it is the same problem. For some reason the store software put the member and non-member links at the bottom of the page instead of the top even though the text on the page says the links are "above".

The large white space is for Pics that may be used and the store software leaves the space for them even if there aren't any.

Barry

minigts
05-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I just checked the Online Store page using Firefox and it is the same problem. For some reason the store software put the member and non-member links at the bottom of the page instead of the top even though the text on the page says the links are "above".

The large white space is for Pics that may be used and the store software leaves the space for them even if there aren't any.

Barry

haha, well I don't feel bad then. I thought I was going crazy clicking the link "above" and being brought back to the same page. :)

BadAssPerformance
05-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Crap, I'll look into that tonight!

Regarding calendars... forgot to get back to you, I think I have enough to make one full set of them for you. As for making more past calendars, probably not going to happen unless there is much, much, much more interest. I cant even get all the folks who requested 2013 to pay up :(

Regarding event stickers... We do plan to continue forward and neat idea regarding past events, will have to put thought into it.

minigts
05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Crap, I'll look into that tonight!

Regarding calendars... forgot to get back to you, I think I have enough to make one full set of them for you. As for making more past calendars, probably not going to happen unless there is much, much, much more interest. I cant even get all the folks who requested 2013 to pay up :(

Regarding event stickers... We do plan to continue forward and neat idea regarding past events, will have to put thought into it.

Well I understand about the calendars, I was just hoping to get ones from previous years. If that is possible, then I'm good. I'm a little surprised people aren't paying up! We have such a niche group, it's unique and special to me that we have calendars that bare the cars we drive, not some people we don't know.

I remember seeing Power Tour stickers for the years they do it and thought we should have something like that. I know for Mopar Nats and some other events, you see cars with the stickers from previous years and I personally would like to keep adding them to my car for SDAC. Heck you could have rows of the phrase ready to sell and then people could request the event numbers. I've only been to like 5, but having ones for 18-21 to add to 22 last year and 23 this year would be cool, I think. I'd shell out the money for that for sure.

Thanks brother! :)

cordes
05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
I do like the sticker idea.

I'm shocked that people aren't following through with the calendars. Even the kids at school like them. I usually let someone have the old one each year and then ceremoniously hang up the new one.

BadAssPerformance
05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Jon, see if it works better now?

glhs0075
05-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Maybe off topic a little, but I need a couple of SDAC 23 T-Shirts. The SDAC store says those orders are only for people who are registered, and others should contact. I'm not in a rush to get them, just want to make sure I'm not missed.
:o

minigts
05-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Jon, see if it works better now?

Yep, much better. The space was throwing me off! :)

supercrackerbox
05-17-2013, 10:00 AM

I believe Dave said this year's stickers are going to say "I saw that $hit!"

:p

BadAssPerformance
05-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Yep, much better. The space was throwing me off! :)

Apparently the space was just a couple blank images to click on and I could not figure out how to delete them, so I made some more helpful (than blank) images

I believe Dave said this year's stickers are going to say "I saw that $hit!"

:p

Not sure about that.. there will be a funny caption of some sort. It will be a surprise waiting in the goody bags ;)