PDA

View Full Version : Getting ahold of someone at FWD

90vnt
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I bought my daytona with a custom cal from fwd, now i am starting to have problems with the car killing under boost and just stumbling under hard acceleration (when it dies i push in the clutch turn the key car starts right back up) ive tried to get a wideband to work but the readings always are 14.2-14.9 under wot normal acc and idle (which i think is wrong) I also got a new o2 for it still does the same thing thought maybe it was the gauge so i tired my buddys his does the same thing. next thing is to check for a exhaust leak . I was told to find out what the custom cal was set for boost a so forth. So i went and sent a email to FWD got a response back, they said I needed to get them the number on the white sticker inside the cal, which i did I took a picture of it and sent it to them no response, sent them another email notheing. Im going to try and call tonight, does anyone know of the best way to get ahold of anyone there? or any suggestions to the problem that i am having with the daytona? Im not being rude or anything, just want to figure out whats up with my car and I guess this is the first step.

thanks

85boostbox
04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Have you ckecked your fuel pressure. Doesn't sound like anything with the cal. Don't you have a thread on here somewhere for help.

Vigo
04-30-2013, 04:32 PM
The best way to get ahold of FWD performance is call them on the phone in the morning hours.

If you have a thread for diagnosing your problem i'll reserve my comments about what the problem could be, for that thread.

Turbo Joe
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I bought my daytona with a custom cal from fwd, now i am starting to have problems with the car killing under boost and just stumbling under hard acceleration (when it dies i push in the clutch turn the key car starts right back up) ive tried to get a wideband to work but the readings always are 14.2-14.9 under wot normal acc and idle (which i think is wrong) I also got a new o2 for it still does the same thing thought maybe it was the gauge so i tired my buddys his does the same thing. next thing is to check for a exhaust leak . I was told to find out what the custom cal was set for boost a so forth. So i went and sent a email to FWD got a response back, they said I needed to get them the number on the white sticker inside the cal, which i did I took a picture of it and sent it to them no response, sent them another email notheing. Im going to try and call tonight, does anyone know of the best way to get ahold of anyone there? or any suggestions to the problem that i am having with the daytona? Im not being rude or anything, just want to figure out whats up with my car and I guess this is the first step.

thanks

do you have a wideband O2 sensor running the wideband gauge? Sounds like you have the wideband gauge wired to a narrowband O2 sensor there.

90vnt
04-30-2013, 07:43 PM
I have a thread on here just for the wideband, the car was running fine at that point when I bought, the cars bov that was on it leaked a lot when I built boost it would hit 14 then drop to about 10-12. Now this winter I put a new tial bov on it and now it holds at the 14-15 mark (aem digital boost gauge) but when it gets up there that's when the engine cuts out and the car just goes into "limp mode" I'm just still having problems with the wideband also, As for the o2 yes it's the wideband one that comes With the aem digital wideband I even bought a extra one. Sorry for repeating the wideband part. And thanks for the help.

glhs727
04-30-2013, 10:02 PM
PM me your name and phone number and I will call you in the morning

Tempted
05-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Sounds like fuel delivery to me. Did you upgrade the pump when you modded the car? If you're over 15psi then you probably upgraded the injectors, and if you did that without upgrading the pump it can't handle the volume.

Force Fed Mopar
05-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Sounds like not enough fuel flow or the plugs are worn/incorrectly gapped.

90vnt
05-01-2013, 09:33 AM
The car was had all the mods on t when I bought it. The car has a t3/t4 turbonetics turbo on it 3 bar map, front mount intercooler, the custom cal from fwd, 2 piece intake manifold, The head I replaced with a repo from forward motion due to it having problems Also the car has a turbos unleashed fuel rail as the stick one had a leak. The car was fine after I put the new head on and now it's starting to act up. As for the injectors what I got with the car is what I put back on the car. And the fuel pump he said was a walbaro dont know which one they guy I bought it from his name was Paul his last name started with a B can't remember. I found it on hwy 60 in Jackson wi. Maybe someone knows of the car.

90vnt
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Just got a call from Cindy she said the cal is for a 90-91 stage 5 turbo 2 with +40 and a 3 bar map.

thedon809
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Look at the injectors and see if they are +40's. You can check thedodgegarage.com for part numbers. After that you should stick a fuel pressure gauge on it.

85boostbox
05-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't think injectors are the problem at all. But still good to just check. I have my money on the fuel pump crapping out or not the right one.

90vnt
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys for the help, tomorrow night I'm going to check the injectors. And see what I have. Now as for the fuel pump I know I need to take it out of the tank to see what it is. How hard is it to drop the tank on a daytona? And would timing have a effect on my problem? Someone mentioned it to me just wondering.

Thanks again

85boostbox
05-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Before you start pulling the pump you need to check for fuel pressure. Timing would have an effect but I doubt that is your problem. Rent a fuel pressure tester and start from there.

90vnt
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
How do you suppose i check fuel pressure with this fuel rail?
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/anodized-aluminum-fuel-rails-p-43.html

Force Fed Mopar
05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Fuel pressure kits have a T that you install in the hose before the rail. Just have to buy an extra piece of hose so you don't have to cut what you have.

Tempted
05-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Even if it has decent pressure at idle it still might be a bad/insufficient pump. Check the pressure under WOT and see where it sits. Also if you have a +40 tune with stock injectors, that is a real problem.

85glht
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Sounds like your wide and o2 sensor could be junk. When mine acts up, it gives false readings like you mention. Get the car running right first though, before changing the sensor out.

90vnt
05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Well it has +40s 44960

Tempted
05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Were you able to check your fuel pressure?

90vnt
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Yea 53 at idle at the rail.

Tempted
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I'd start with checking the plug gaps, fuel pressure at WOT, fuel filter(this is easy to forget about), timing and exhaust. A melted/backed up cat converter will do this. I had it happen in my MX6. Ran good until I went over 1/4 throttle, then acted like it was running out of fuel. When I pulled the cat it looked like a bunch of moon rocks glued together.

90vnt
05-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Fuel filter is being replaced this week thought of that to. Plug gaps all good no cat it has a 3 inch all the way back. I have to get a fuel pressure gauge for the interior.

Force Fed Mopar
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
I had a pump once that would only act up after 5-10 mins of hard use. Let it sit for 10 mins and all was normal again. My assumption was that it was overheating.

rampant150
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
My vote is for fuel pump too. You neeed to monitor fuel pressure as it is stumbling.

90vnt
05-18-2013, 02:49 PM
So I have been doing some experimenting. Put a good boost gauge on it to. 2nd gear wot it will kill it will also max the factory boost gauge, good boost gauge will hit 22. Third gear will not kill the car at wot but will hit 22 psi to. Same with 4 th gear. Now I have a oil leak.....