PDA

View Full Version : links-

moparzrule
12-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Since I'll be getting out of TD's soon after I'm done parting my car, I figured I'd share the links I have in my favorites to all those who are interested-
http://www.turbominivan.com/
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/
http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/perform/
http://www.turbofreak.com/
http://community-2.webtv.net/MR-2-2-TURBO/22TURBOPOWERHOMEPAGE/
http://home.earthlink.net/~turbogus/index-old.html

I used to have a lot more but I deleted some already before I knew of this site. I hope those links help someone out.

Subliminal
12-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Just out of curiousity, why are you getting out of TDs?

moparzrule
12-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Well, 2 days before thanksgiving some old guy pulled out in front of me and totaled my daytona for me. It wasn't my fault, but of course insurance company only sees an 87' car and they don't fix that. So I got a settlement and I bought my car back too so I can part it out and get some of the money back I have in it.

Subliminal
12-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Damn dude. Sorry to hear that.

TrrboJeep
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Moparzrule, you don't have any desire to get another one? TD that is?

moparzrule
12-20-2005, 12:57 PM
No, my toys are disappearing now since I'm looking forward to getting married and starting a family.

TrrboJeep
12-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh, I see. Yes those 2 things will consume much time, but can be equally as rewarding! :)

Subliminal
12-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Basically, he thinks he's quitting TDs. But he'll be back. I've only been married for 6 months and I just bought another to drive daily this weekend. Even though the wife said no!:eek:

Yeah, that got me in a little trouble.

Hooty
12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
hehehe, gotta love that Damon, let's see, Buy TD and play in the shop, or don't and keep peace in the house, ahhh, you'll be in the shop anyway, so why keep peace in the house? :P Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, as no shop to work in :)

-Will

moparzrule
12-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Found a couple more-
http://www.fwdmopar.com/sites/dennis/
http://www.sheenconsulting.com/car/
http://www.csracer.com/products.html

beefalobilly
12-20-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss moparzrule! THanks for the links though.

cordes
12-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Basically, he thinks he's quitting TDs. But he'll be back. I've only been married for 6 months and I just bought another to drive daily this weekend. Even though the wife said no!:eek:

Yeah, that got me in a little trouble.

Agreed. Just like Black Rifle Disease, they will always be back. It's like I always tell people, "the only difference between blow, AR15s, and TDs, is that with the latter two you have spare parts to show for it."

ETA: I too am sorry that your Daytona went out like that. I know it must suck.

Holley
12-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Give it a while and you'll have TDs /because/ you have a family :D

Be sure to put your foot down first and show her whos boss by having at least one non-functioning car at all times. This gives her something to focus on, so she won't notice all other stuff you're up to ...

riceboyler
12-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I own TDs BECAUSE I have a wife and 3 kids, and can't really afford anything else with a turbo... :D

(And I'm addicted to boost!)

BTB
12-27-2005, 01:55 AM
No, my toys are disappearing now since I'm looking forward to getting married and starting a family.

You can have fun with a car hobby, even being married and having a family too. I do and Ive got 6yr old twin girls and a 4yr old boy.:thumb:

Lugert
12-27-2005, 02:14 AM
www.thedodgegarage.com

Tony Hanna
12-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Sounds like it may be a good time to start hunting a turbo van...

Lugert
12-27-2005, 02:33 AM
I have one for $900.00.

87 charger
12-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I own TDs BECAUSE I have a wife and 3 kids, and can't really afford anything else with a turbo... :D

(And I'm addicted to boost!)

:amen:

Same here !
My wife won't let me sale the shelby.I was talking about letting it go and she won't have no part of that.SHE SAID...."I like that car,FIX IT FOR ME DON"T SALE IT!"
Anyone got a wife that says that too ?
You just need to find a nice body for that car. I am sure we can find you one. :eyebrows:

GLHS592
12-27-2005, 09:45 AM
My wife knew going in that the cars aren't going to be sold. I'd have a hard time choosing between her and the Shelby Charger. :)

Greedy
12-27-2005, 06:14 PM
You'll be back..trust me!!!!
After getting married and starting a family the only car you'll be able to afford will be another Turbododge!!!

Mike

moparzrule
12-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry to disappoint so many of you! But I'm done with TD's.

2.216VTurbo
12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
For sure there is a time frame when the kids are very young (say age 1-5) that they need Dad all the time. Wrenching time is very, very tough to come by during those years. When they hit about 5 they are doing soccer, B-day parties at friend's houses etc you start to have time for the projects again.

When my Wife and I started dating I had 8-9 SD/TD cars, bought a house sold a couple, started having kids sold a couple more. Heck I even bought a VW Passat in '01 because with 8 airbags it was a safe kid hauler. Started hanging with the Euro crowd, did lots of mods to the Passat. Guess what, the Passat is leaving in '06 to be replaced with Dakota crew cab and I am finding myself more into the TD projects than even in the years before Wife/House/Kids! 20 years now into TD's and I'll hit my first SDAC national in '06:thumb:

What I 'm saying is that if you are into TD's becuase you love em like we do, you'll find a way to stay involved, if you're over it, get out:amen:

Alan

moparzrule
12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I did love TD's, but we plan on having 3 and having them each 2 years apart...so by the time the youngest is 5, that will be 10+ years from now. By then TD's will just about all be dead/rusted out and the only things left will be shelby's that have been restored already.

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Good plan! We have a 5, 3 and a 1 year old (she'll be 1 a week from today). I understand wanting to get out. I have a feeling you'll come back though at some point.

Good luck man, and be sure that you enjoy your children. They're more important and more rewarding than any car.

moparzrule
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Good plan! We have a 5, 3 and a 1 year old (she'll be 1 a week from today). I understand wanting to get out. I have a feeling you'll come back though at some point.

Good luck man, and be sure that you enjoy your children. They're more important and more rewarding than any car.

Awsome!
Hehe, well I thought about a turbo mini you know for all the kids but she hates minivans with a passion! So there goes that idea LMAO. And she's not letting me get another sports car, I know that much.
:amen: on the second part there.

Greedy
12-29-2005, 11:27 PM
but she hates minivans with a passion! .

So did I till I got a turbo one!

Besides she doesn't have to ride in it and it can be your "sports car".

Tony Hanna
12-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Awsome!
Hehe, well I thought about a turbo mini you know for all the kids but she hates minivans with a passion! So there goes that idea LMAO.
What about a turbo T&C wagon or something similar?
I don't know about you, but I'm sure I'd welcome the stress relief from tinkering with a TD as an occasional distraction from the excitement of parenting.;) Anyhow, whatever you decide, good luck with the new family, and come back and visit.:thumb:

looneytuner
12-31-2005, 01:36 AM
How about my avatar. J&H BODIES has a convertible with the same gfx. If not we'll be looking for your return for the next ten years. My last fast car was a 72 Pinto with 150 hp+. Son is 26 now.
BTW we should add LRE to the list as in parenthood also. Great dad spending the little time he has after 70 work hours per week with family.

Whoops, shanged avatar.

omnivore
12-31-2005, 03:20 AM
I guess I am very lucky. My g/f is very supportive in my motorhead addictions. She tells me to go ahead and please my hobby needs. I work hard for them. She even spent $165 US on an RFL BOV for my b-day a cpl yrs ago. She thinks it's hilarios to scare kids off their skateboards with it,LOL.
She has told me to go ahead and buy a new sportbike, or mod my TD's, or whatever my heart desires. Now it did take me buying a house 1st before I was allowed to do any of that freely, but now I guess I have permission.

2.216VTurbo
01-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Omnivore, I'm thinking the key for you is she is still your Girlfriend. Once they become Wives things tend to change a bit:p My G/F was fine with the two Shelby Lancers parked along side the house (driveway was full) Little later on my Fiance' asks me to get rid of the one that she 'could see from the kitchen window' Fine, sold it. Year or so later my Wife asks me why I really need that other Lancer because I had a new kid safe daily driver and I spent most of my time wrenching on the S car or the Rampage. Bye bye went that Lancer. Point ot this story is that I am still with the same woman who used to be 'fine with all the cars':( As they transition from G/F to Fiance to Spouse they are less accepting of the TD hobby:ballchain:

Alan

BTW "Rarest L body on earth" Help me on that one.

omnivore
01-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Naw. Might as well be my wife, after more than 5 yrs of living together, and a baby on the way (a few weeks to go!!)
I own one of 28 Plymouth Horizon TC3 Convertibles....with only 40,000 miles, and never seen snow.

Rampage16V
01-05-2006, 02:54 AM
My wife has been putting up with it for years well since sdac 7 anyway. Its the other ppls cars in the drive for long periods of time she reminds me of! And with good reason too eh Scott.(he has seen my driveway)

omnivore
01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
LOL...the Omni Farm!!

cordes
01-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Omnivore, I'm thinking the key for you is she is still your Girlfriend. Once they become Wives things tend to change a bit:p My G/F was fine with the two Shelby Lancers parked along side the house (driveway was full) Little later on my Fiance' asks me to get rid of the one that she 'could see from the kitchen window' Fine, sold it. Year or so later my Wife asks me why I really need that other Lancer because I had a new kid safe daily driver and I spent most of my time wrenching on the S car or the Rampage. Bye bye went that Lancer. Point ot this story is that I am still with the same woman who used to be 'fine with all the cars':( As they transition from G/F to Fiance to Spouse they are less accepting of the TD hobby:ballchain:

Alan

BTW "Rarest L body on earth" Help me on that one.

YOu should have set the bar much lower. My GF has to drive me around for a few days every couple of months due to maintenence problems. Sometimes I make the situation seem worse than it is just so she knows that I will be driving a total POS for the rest of my life, but I will also need a minimum of 2-5 cars at any given time as back-ups.

moparzrule
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
YOu should have set the bar much lower. My GF has to drive me around for a few days every couple of months due to maintenence problems. Sometimes I make the situation seem worse than it is just so she knows that I will be driving a total POS for the rest of my life, but I will also need a minimum of 2-5 cars at any given time as back-ups.

Hehe, thats good. My GF let me borrow her car for a week while her mom drove her around! :thumb:

5sp. mini
01-05-2006, 11:43 PM
all of my kids love to go turbo from 12 to 2 . theres 5.kids. so out of 3 T/Ds 1 has to be a mini. hope to keep them till they go to high school , i would like my kids to drive cool older cars to school. good luck in what ever you do. :amen: AL

turbovanmanČ
01-06-2006, 04:38 AM
My wife knew going in that the cars aren't going to be sold. I'd have a hard time choosing between her and the Shelby Charger. :)

Hahhaaaa, thats like that T-shirt-"My wife said it was her or the bike, boy, I am going to miss her" :nod:

Matt, you'll be back, everytime I blow something up, or break something, I park it then I want it back, there too much fun. :amen:

Yeah, get a Turbo Mini, there soo much fun and tons of room for kids. :thumb:

87glhs232
01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
she hates minivans with a passion! .

You'll both see minivans in a new light once you have 2 or more kids. I swore I'd never buy/drive one, only to find myself praising them by the time my son (youngest) was 1.

Things change dramaticaly, in more ways than you can foresee.

We'll 'keep the light on for ya' here in TD land.:thumb:

moparzrule
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey don't get me wrong I don't mind mini's and I can see the use of one, but I believe she'll want some kind of wagon way before a minivan. I plan on buying an extended cab cummins ram here in a couple months for any trips we might take etc.