PDA

View Full Version : 05 PT GT failed inspection CEL

wheming
04-26-2013, 04:44 PM
My PT GT just failed inspection due to a code popping up p0141 O2 sensor 2 heater.
Tried a new sensor but no change. Running 3" cat-del, with non-fouler mod. No code for sensor 2 efficiency.

Does a stage 1 pcm ignore this code?
All my jacks are over with the van so its not easy getting underneath her.
Is this normally a shorted wire when a new sensor doesn't fix??
Was hoping the sensor was just bad, but that's not my luck.

Thanks,

shackwrrr
04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
My PT GT just failed inspection due to a code popping up p0141 O2 sensor 2 heater.
Tried a new sensor but no change. Running 3" cat-del, with non-fouler mod. No code for sensor 2 efficiency.

Does a stage 1 pcm ignore this code?
All my jacks are over with the van so its not easy getting underneath her.
Is this normally a shorted wire when a new sensor doesn't fix??
Was hoping the sensor was just bad, but that's not my luck.

Thanks,

What sensor did you use? Aftermarket sensors are famous for setting heater codes especially Bosch.

thedon809
04-26-2013, 09:12 PM
P0135-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER PERFORMANCE
When Monitored: Engine Running and Heater duty cycle greater than 0%
Set Condition: O2 Heater Temperature does not reach 350°C (662°F) within 90 second
during monitoring conditions. Two Trip Fault.

Do you have a multimeter?

turbovanmanČ
04-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Check the fuse? :p

wheming
04-26-2013, 10:30 PM
The code it is tripping is P0141.
I checked with a meter and the heater wire is showing about 10V, and the sensor is getting hot.
I didnt see any of the nylon webbing chaffed at all.

It was the original NTK that had tripped the code. But I did try a new sensor, a bosche, and it still tripped the code.
It something like not being below 0.3v within 60-90 seconds after startup.

I guess tomorrow I'll pop in the stage 1 pcm and see if that ignores that . I got to get this thing passing.

I wanted to replace the non fouler with a new one, but it was cheap steel and now is fused into my stainless pipe.

wheming
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Well I installed my stage 1 pcm that I've had lying around here a while, and the code is gone at this time. Hopefully for good.

Although I reflashed the stock pcm with my SCT to an 05 stage 1, the code would return.
I think maybe disconnecting the battery helped. I was going to do that withe the stock pcm, but figured it was about time I installed the actual stage 1 pcm.

I'll see if the code comes back after a couple days of some driving.

thedon809
04-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm wondering where the hell I got P0135 from? Now I know. 135 is for upstream and 141 is for downstream.