PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reputable shop/person to work on 87 CSX in NJ area...

Wastelands Warrior
04-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Maybe a vague title, but here is my situation: I have an 87 Shelby CSX that has some issues. I am trying to sort them out, but with a busy work schedule and my Caliber SRT4 project taking up much of my time, I'd like to find a reputable person/shop to take care of the CSX if I can't do it. My grand plans would be to have a built 2.5 I have sitting here finished up and swapped into the Shelby. I'm very easy to work with, and don't expect this project to be done overnight, but I want it done right by someone who knows these cars. It is a beautiful car and want it to be treated with respect. Any leads/info greatly appreaciated. I am located in Central NJ

Thanks,

Bob G

BadAssPerformance
04-21-2013, 12:42 PM
For shops close to you... turbo2point2 is in Philly and Forward Motion is in Delaware

Khajjathefang
04-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Im probably not that far away if you need a hand at some things

Wastelands Warrior
04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Badass: Thanks for thie info. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of turbo2point2 [Brian] in Philly. His stuff is off the hook + I can always get a few Philly cheese steaks if he is willing to deal with me. lol

Khajja: Thanks Dave. Sent you a PM. :)

iTurbo
04-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Dang wish you were closer. We're probably the only two that own Caliber SRTs and a CSX. Maybe you could describe the CSX issues?

Wastelands Warrior
04-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Dang wish you were closer. We're probably the only two that own Caliber SRTs and a CSX. Maybe you could describe the CSX issues?

Smell oil burning/blue smoke when I drop the hammer. Gotta do my basics [pcv, oil change, leak down-compression test] but if it's seals/rings I'm not set up for that right now.

iTurbo
04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Ahh, are you seeing the dipstick pop up a bit or a lot of oil coming out past the oil fill cap after a hard run? You might check your oil return hose and verify it isn't swelled up inside and impeding oil flow back to pan.

Wastelands Warrior
04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Ahh, are you seeing the dipstick pop up a bit or a lot of oil coming out past the oil fill cap after a hard run? You might check your oil return hose and verify it isn't swelled up inside and impeding oil flow back to pan.

I will have to check that out
Thx

DevoBuzz
04-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Prob not much I can do to help with this issue, but if you ever want to meet up for a car show or need a hand with something drop me a PM. Wayne is central Jersey too.