PDA

View Full Version : Paint suggestions

85boostbox
03-30-2013, 08:31 PM
I have always had this thing off copperhead orange ever since I saw the prototype copperhead at the auto show eons ago. I have always sat and wondered what car I could do it to.

That bring me to my question. My glht needs a repaint. And I am tearing everything out of the car regardless and have plenty of spares to do what I want to do. Now the factory color on my glht is Santa fe blue. Interior is also blue. I was wanting to do the car in copperhead orange and leave all the trim black and skirts black. Have the decals made in copperhead orange and then leave the bumpers black. And then do the interior complete back and get the seat redone in black and copper. And it would have black wheels as well.

You think I am out of my mind. Do you think I could do it without making the car to Halloweeny. Or should I just it blue and just do the interior blue.

I think I'm crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

supercrackerbox
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
I think a GLH would pull off copperhead very well. Perhaps do a mid-to dark-charcoal rather than black for the interior? You could find a gray dash from another car, likely carpet and seatbelts too, then just dye everything else to match.

168glhs1986
03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Whatever you choose make sure you will be happy with it 10 years from now. Imo blue and red Omni exteriors look the best with a dark interior. The blue on blue and red on red look went out with my grandmothers tufted davenport in the 80's.

cordes
03-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Whatever you choose make sure you will be happy with it 10 years from now. Imo blue and red Omni exteriors look the best with a dark interior. The blue on blue and red on red look went out with my grandmothers tufted davenport in the 80's.

Oh... :(

Rrider
03-31-2013, 11:48 AM
I like your grandmas styles.

168glhs1986
03-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh... :(

For a stocker its the only look but if your considering modifying imho i would go darker interior. At least im very happy with mine. Just wish not all glhs's were black. Not my fav but its growing on me.

85boostbox
03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
I think a GLH would pull off copperhead very well. Perhaps do a mid-to dark-charcoal rather than black for the interior? You could find a gray dash from another car, likely carpet and seatbelts too, then just dye everything else to match.

That is a good idea. I could even just put in grey and then do viper style or just black race seats. Hmm that is a good idea. Thanks.

I'm sort of torn cause I know how rare santa fe blue is. Sucks but... in the end it is my car and I own it.

cordes
03-31-2013, 09:59 PM
I like your grandmas styles.

It should have been an Omni in that video for sure.

That is a good idea. I could even just put in grey and then do viper style or just black race seats. Hmm that is a good idea. Thanks.

I'm sort of torn cause I know how rare santa fe blue is. Sucks but... in the end it is my car and I own it.

And you can always go back.

85boostbox
03-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Agreed. But I would take the car in probably all torn apart AOL. Would make for a pain in the --- to do it twice. And expensive.