PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-23 Drag Racing!!!

22shelby
03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey guys/gals... as we all know last year a new group of guys took the reins for running SDAC22, from what i heard and from who i all talked to about the drag racing program, we got it off with out a hitch!! I want to thank all of you first off who attended and raced for putting up with me as that was the first time i've ever ran a drag program... I feel like everything went well and smooth... we even got to throw in a couple of "fun runs" in including the fat guy on a little bike race and and ever so nail biting, turtle race!!

For this year i was asked again if i would like to run the event again and of course i said sure!! i had a blast doing it and i don't think anyone here would have a problem with that either...

so why this thread... well 1 is to thank everyone for last year and 2 i wanna hear feed back from everyone who did attend and race... whether you participated or spectated... i want to hear what you guys thought about it!!

also we like to do, crazy and outrageous things, right?? i mean we are SDAC!! so throw out your suggestions as far as something new, different... i know there has been some different kinds of races at previous events...

JT and i have come up with some ideas as far as maybe like a Chapter race or something involving everyone or as close to everyone as possible but i want to hear your ideas....

so post em up... give me your feed back, your good times, or even you experience last year:thumb:
and i want to hear YOUR ideas to make this another epic SDAC event!!!

22shelby
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
ok it has been brought to my attn about the Q8-16 cars also ruinning in the heads up class, and i completly understand where they are coming from... soo heres my idea of it...

we will contine the format of a "quick class", heads up, and the bracket event

they qualifing or test runs as some would say... will consist

"Q" and heads up will recieve 2 qualifying passes... A. to get you car dialed in and B. so we can go through and determine who the "Q" class cars are... ( Q field will be detremined by attendance) the rest of the cars who dont run in the "Q" class are then eligible for the Heads Up program...

Bracket You too will recieve 2 qualifying passes as well..

any 1 car can participate in the bracket and the heads up program but you will be only limited to 2 qualifying passes ( which will be done in the "Q" heads up qualifying rounds)... you will then use those passes to determine your your dial-in time...

these will be run down in order

QF1- "Q" heads up
QF1- bracket
QF2-"Q" heads up
QF2- bracket

now when it comes to rounds the format will follow that...

R1- "Q"
R1- HU
R1- BK

and so on.... so!! if you are running "Q" heads up AND bracket, you will have to hurry back up and get back in the bracket lanes we will wait a few minutes to get everyone back... IE tire pressure change, fuel up etc...

once the last bracket car goes, there will be time in between the rounds for your cool down and fixing needs, plus time for a bit of our wacky-ness :D

if there are any issues or concerns with this format please let me know, but this is pretty much how NHRA runs there events so might as well follow suit

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

and an forgot to mention anyone who is willing to lend a hand, i could use it... maybe 1 or 2 more people would be great!! anyone interested please contact JT jt@sdac.org ...

Lotashelbys
03-27-2013, 07:58 PM
I think you did a great job last year dude! Special thanks for giving my late a$$ one more qualifying run for the quik 8...

BadAssPerformance
03-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Cabin fever? A little early for a thread like this, but I can't wait to race again either... LOL

Jaren, thanks again for running the drags last year, went well, first timer like you've done it before! Thanks again for stepping up this year!

ok it has been brought to my attn about the Q8-16 cars also ruinning in the heads up class, and i completly understand where they are coming from... soo heres my idea of it...

I'm not sure if we ever had it officially in the rules, but this makes sense. For example, if Brian Slowe's car is in the Q8 and he were to let someoen else drive it for the "Heads Up" class, that wouldn;t exactly be fair.

we will contine the format of a "quick class", heads up, and the bracket event

Yes, a Q8, Heads up and Bracket race are on the schedule, we will see if we have time for more events.

"Q" and heads up will recieve 2 qualifying passes... A. to get you car dialed in and B. so we can go through and determine who the "Q" class cars are... ( Q field will be detremined by attendance) the rest of the cars who dont run in the "Q" class are then eligible for the Heads Up program...

I think we had 3 Q8 class qualifiers last year... Historically, HU class DOES NOT have qualifying... We could/might have Q8 and HU make time runs together... top 8 are in Q8, the rest are in HU. NOT sure if HU qualifying is needed since it is open to any car not in the Q8?

Bracket You too will recieve 2 qualifying passes as well..

Bracket class has open time runs (as does everyoen registered to drag race) in between the Q8/HU qualifiers... I know several folks that got double digit passes in before noon last year! Plus, if a Q8/HU qualifer is making tune changes, feel free to make more time runs between qualifiers!

once the last bracket car goes, there will be time in between the rounds for your cool down and fixing needs, plus time for a bit of our wacky-ness :D

Yep, this is where we might have time for extra activities.... might... TBD

and an forgot to mention anyone who is willing to lend a hand, i could use it... maybe 1 or 2 more people would be great!! PM me and we can go over details of what i need as far as help goes...

Let's talk, I already have some folks in mind... anyone else interested, please contact me directly jt@sdac.org

22shelby
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
haha yes!! test and tune runs will be run thruout... we might just have to keep track of it this year, a most passes down the track type thing lol... heck id like to get a pass or 2 in the Lancer...

and cabin fever done been settin in, im bored out herer in Iowa!! need something to keep my will up!!

moparman76_69
03-27-2013, 09:45 PM
We should have 2-3 guys that can help if need be.

cordes
03-27-2013, 09:57 PM
I really liked the car pushing contest at 17, but it does take a decent amount of time out of the day from what I recall. I was really happy with the drag day last year. I couldn't run due to electrical issues, but it seemed well paced and was great to watch.

168glhs1986
03-27-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't think it's too early for suggestions. 90 days out it's getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!

fishcleaner
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I like the idea of a chapter/region challenge, maybe the best average time of the top 3 cars in each chapter representing. Bragging rights or maybe a trophy that gets passed down each year.

BadAssPerformance
03-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Ahh yes, "Chapter Challenge" ... Back in the day... We had a TON of FUN with this!

*Insert Wayne's World Time Warp Scene*

When the Chicago Chapter started "Project New Yorker", it was just meant to be some fall time track fun that probably wouldn't last till winter... you know, gut a free rusted out car, put race gas in it and yank the vacuum line off the wastegate can. Who knew it would last all winter and become a project car for a few years!

Word got out about the fun times, other Chapters were interested and Great Lakes Chapter started one too. The "Chapter Challenge" was born. We did it a couple years, with about 4 Chapters participating each year, some chapters used a member's car instead of having a dedicated car. We did a bracket race, a heads up race and a team push race where one "driver" to steer and 5 people pushing to the 60' mark... which in the heat of the battle, our inagural team push we actually went to the 330' LOL... good times!

Hard part about it... it takes a lot for a Chapter to bring a club car in addition to the members' cars. Some Chapters started cars that never made it to the events because of this...

What Jaren and I were talking about off-line was more of a "chapter chapter challenge light" where we wouldn't have a dedicated car, but maybe a designated body type to be announced before the event... and we would probably just do the "team push" event as it was by far the most fun for the groups and spectators...

So this *could* happen, no promises...

By show of (virtual) hands, which Chapters might be interested in this?