PDA

View Full Version : Intake exhaust and fuel rail bolt sizes

jayspartanburg
03-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Im going to be doing my t2 one piece swap on my 87 Daytona pacifica this week. I have a question about intake exhaust and fuel rail bolt sizes. Ive read that intake bolts are M8 X 1.25 X 50mm and exhaust bolts are M8-1.25x30mm?? Does that sound right? Also would like to know the bolt sizes for the fuel rail and the fuel pressure reg if anyone knows those off the top of their head. Will any of the bolts off of the log fit? Thinking about it now since the exhaust manifolds are similar they should probally fit? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

BadAssPerformance
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah they are all M8x1.25's and lengths you have sounds close.

Exhaust mani are the same studs T1 to T2

Intake I think is the same, if it is a 2pc, I have used M8 x 55mm long

Fuel rail migh tbe different, been a while since I looked closely at a LOG rail

roachjuice
03-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Fuel rail bolt length is different. The log Intake has a shorter fuel rail bolt length than the 1 piece. 2 piece I really can't remember.

tryingbe
03-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I used 91059A525 (http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?partnum=91059A525) for my 2 piece intake manifold. Works perfect.

jayspartanburg
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
what about Teflon tape or oil on bolts?

roachjuice
03-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Little loc tite on the intake and exhaust manifold bolts. Some of the bolts/studs may go into the coolant ports. If there isn't some kind of loc tite or something on them, they could leak.

4 l-bodies
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Little loc tite on the intake and exhaust manifold bolts. Some of the bolts/studs may go into the coolant ports. If there isn't some kind of loc tite or something on them, they could leak.
The lowest four studs for exhaust manifold mounting penetrate the water jacket. These need to be sealed with some sort of sealant or thread lock. Four of the intake bolts (left-hand side of each port) intersect with head bolt holes. These could weap a bit it not sealed. Not usually an issue. The other 8 studs and bolts for intake/exhaust are blind holes. No thread sealant is required but most locktight them in so they can't back themselves out.
Todd

jayspartanburg
03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Cool, I'm going to pull the head tomorrow and pick up some bolts. Anyone know of anything I should look out for or know ahead of time? If anyone can think of bolt lenth for the fuel regulator let me know so I can get all at once, and thanks for the replies.

wallace
03-20-2013, 08:11 AM
I would use studs on the exhaust holes. I use permatex teflon paste on those to prevent leaks. I bought socket head cap screws for the intake manifold, fuel rail from mcmaster. I also got stainless studs from them for the exhaust.

tryingbe
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/dodge/omniproject/88pacifica/06.jpg