PDA

View Full Version : Possessed wipers.....

1FastCSX289
01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I was driving my 91 Spirit R/T yesterday and the wipers seemed to mysteriously turn on by themselves. I checked the switch on the turn signal stalk and indeed, they were off. I flippped the switch on and then off and the wipers shut off. It did this about 5 or 6 times yesterday. I havent even so much as looked at anything yet though. I figured I would post and see if this is a problem anyone has had and what the solution was. My guess for the first place to look would be the switch itself.....any ideas?

TopDollar69
01-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Did you bump the washer part while turning on the blinker? I do that all the time in my 90 ES, it drives me nuts!

GLHNSLHT2
01-07-2006, 01:21 AM
hehe my dad has a 1970 911S Porsche. If you know your 911's you know the wipers for some reason sit on the left side of the window right in your way. Well his don't. They sit on the right. But you can be driving down the freeway and all of a sudden they'll decide to sit on the left. You can play with the wipers a bit and sometimes they'll go back to sitting on the right, sometimes not. Also if you just cruise around listening to the radio it'll be fine, but if you start driving agressively at some point in your attack of the road the radio will go to instant full volume and scare the sh!t out of you. I guess it just want's the radio off so you can listen to it's sweet song of an air cooled flat 6 with very little exhaust muffling :)

1FastCSX289
01-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Did you bump the washer part while turning on the blinker? I do that all the time in my 90 ES, it drives me nuts!

No, this happened at least 6 times the other day. I wasnt turning or anything, just driving straight. It hasnt happened since though. Im sure it will be back.

5sp. mini
01-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Check the ground strap at the wiper motor , on both of my cars i had to put a washer in there to make better contac. You might have to remove the plastic cover frist . AL