PDA

View Full Version : More 2.4 Questions

90vnt
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok I know its been talked about numerous times, and yes I have used the serch button, and I have learned alot due to alot of infomative posts, but I have a few questions on a 2.4 na swap to turbo to 90 daytona swap.

So the story begins with I picked up a 2001 Chrysler sebring 2.4 na for the grand total of 60 bucks due to a blown head gasket and some "valve chatter" Which I can neither confirm nor deny. I got everything minus the intake and the exhaust manifolds and accessories.

Now I would like to swap this engine into my 90 Daytona "Which I would keep everything to put back to stock someday if I wanted"

Now here are the questions.

I know 97-2000 2.4s are all the same and the 02 and up have numerous differences. So what about the 01 engines? I know in 01 they went to smaller vlaves, 10 blots on the exhaust manifold, and one more bolt on the intake. So does that mean I would need to use 2001 and up manifolds? Or can I use a mexican turbo manifold?

Now for turboing a na engine what about the oil jets for the pistons do I need them? I have read yes and some say no? :confused:

I know that the internals would need to be beefed up for sure.

What do I do for the oil drain for the turbo? Do i drill into the block? or do I run a line down to the oil pan? But if I go that route the lines would be close to the axles.

And speaking of axles could I use my stock axles? I would be keeping and useing the 568 I currently have in the Daytona now and have to make the I bracket for the two wholes that dont line up.

And for the big question would the motor mounts, No here is where I get confused because I read that 90 and up tm's have different motor mounts than the 80's tm's. I know I can us the bubble mount and the drives mount for the tranny. and all i would need is the passenger and core mounts. Also would the engine be sitting in the same position as the 2.2 then?

What about the accessories (power steering and Alt)? And also the tensioner, I am at a loss for what I need.

Any and all help would be great, I want to get me head on straight with this project, so I can start collecting parts for next year.

I will post pics of the 2.4 I picked up soon....

Thanks ahead of time.