PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Rear Bumper Removal

ShelGame
02-16-2013, 06:56 PM
How does the rear bumper come off a Daytona? I need to fix the bumper struts (they've been partailly collapsed) to straighten out the rear bumper. But, I can't see how the plastic comes off. Is it attached under the taillights? Or not?

87blueshelbyz
02-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Look under the back side of your bumper. There are a bunch of studs and nuts holding the bumper to the rear of the car. Mine were really rusty. I soaked mine with pb blaster for several days and still had a hard time removing the nuts from the studs.

Reaper1
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Starting from the wheel-well back.
1: remove the "xmas tree" push pins from the inside of the wheel well toward the rear of the car that go through the bumper cover into the metal of the quarter panel
2: remove the rear relector
3: remove the "xmas tree" push pins from under the rear edge of the bumper cover that go through the bumper cover into the metal rear bumper
4: remove the nuts at the top of the bumper cover up near where the tail lights are from underneath the car. These can sometimes be very rusty and break off. The studs they screw onto also go through the plastic reinforcement that is under the rear bumper cover that sits on top of the metal rear bumper.

At this point the bumper cover I believe *should* come off with a little jostling.

You can also remove the bolts that hold the entire rear bumper assembly onto the car off the the bumper struts along with the above instructions and the whole assembly will come off with the metal bumper.

At least this is the way *I* remember taking them off.