PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried fitting subaru wrx wheels?

vg30_s12
02-12-2013, 12:48 AM
just picked up a 93 Sundance coupe. got it for what i think was a song but the tires were drrrrrry rotted(its a wonder i made it home) anyway got a cleanish set of 02-05 wrx 16in wheels in gunmetal(dont look bad) but most importantly, new rubber...
tried fitting the wheels but the hub center on the car is obviously too big. anyone know exactly how big the center hub is on my sundance? anyone ever try and fit a 16x6.5 +50?(i think thats right)

Turbo3Iroc
02-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Our cars use a hub bore of 57.1 mm. The Subaru's use a 56 mm bore, I have heard of people boring out a Subaru wheel to fit but you would also more than likely need wheel spacers (10-15 mm) also. With that big of a spacer you will need longer wheel studs. Too much work IMO. I'd sell the Subie wheels and buy something that will bolt up to your car. Maybe keep the tires and swap on new wheels also.

turbovanmanČ
02-12-2013, 04:00 AM
Just buy some adapters off Ebay, get the hubcentric ones, then you get the bore size you need and space them out apropiatley. Spacers run around $125 for a set.

RoadWarrior222
02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
The "might get away with it" cheapskate route would be the Taurus studs (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/knowledge.php?title=Brake-and-Wheel-Systems:Extended-Length-Wheel-Studs) with spacers cut out of used up brake disks. But then you'd be centering on the studs.

ShelGame
02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I used a set of aftermarket (not factory) wheels that were intended for a Subie WRX on my minivan. They fit very nicely...

johnl
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Doesn't centering on the studs happen anyway? I mean there's maybe 20 - 40 thou hub clearance and then the cones of the stud/wheel interface start pulling stuff into alignment anyway . . . . at least I always tighten my wheels with that thought in mind, kind of give the wheel a bump with the heel of my hand as I start to nip up the nuts to help the cones find their bottoms, to jump it all into alignment.

RoadWarrior222
02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Yah, crafty idiots can find a way round that though.

vg30_s12
02-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Well, for those interested, I'm spending the monnies and having them bored out, so ill see what's.what one way or another
Costing me 80bones to find out... does anyone make hubcentric spacers for our cars?

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Doesn't centering on the studs happen anyway? I mean there's maybe 20 - 40 thou hub clearance and then the cones of the stud/wheel interface start pulling stuff into alignment anyway . . . . at least I always tighten my wheels with that thought in mind, kind of give the wheel a bump with the heel of my hand as I start to nip up the nuts to help the cones find their bottoms, to jump it all into alignment.

They use the bore, I ran a set of spacers without the adapter rings and It always had a vibration.

Well, for those interested, I'm spending the monnies and having them bored out, so ill see what's.what one way or another
Costing me 80bones to find out... does anyone make hubcentric spacers for our cars?

Yes, Ebay, already mentioned that.

I use these ones-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUBCENTRIC-BOLT-ON-27MM-WHEEL-ADAPTER-SPACERS-PATTERN-5X100-CB-57-1MM-12X1-5-/150988136320?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2327981f80

Good deal on the boring out, that's reasonable.