PDA

View Full Version : SDAC Story Thread

cordes
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Barry's recap of SDAC events was a great read and I think we should keep that going. What are your greatest SDAC memories?

I'll never forget my first SDAC memory. I was pulling into the host hotel parking lot at SDAC-17 and Joy was asking which one was JT since we were hooking up with the Chicago guys. I told her that although I had seen pictures of him on the internet I had really envisioned everyone on the site as being much taller so I couldn't pick anyone out. Everyone from the Chicago land club was so welcoming we felt like we had known them for years. We had the absolute best time that long weekend and managed to take home the poker run plaque. Needless to say I was hooked as I have been to every one since if only for a day or so at times.

jans6pkrt
02-08-2013, 11:23 PM
My first SDAC was just last year and I must say that I have been to hundreds of car shows with my 66 Shelby Hertz Mustang and my 71 Challenger R/T and I can say I had more fun with My Shelby Dakota in Detroit then I have at any Mopar Nationals, Mustang of America events, ect... Meeting Billy and Pat Lofink and the gang from Pittsburgh was a geart thing, I can say I am also a little bit poorer too after buying my 89 CSX #212 from Billy but must say those guys are awesome friends now!! So I guess what I am saying is that all the people in the Club and Shelby Dodge people are great and very friendly and to tell everybody out there make a point to get to the next SDAC I promise you will not only have fun you will meet great people!!! Looking foward to many more SDAC's and making many more memmories!

2.216VTurbo
02-09-2013, 03:20 PM
SDAC 17 was my first too Cordes, hey we lost our SDAC viginity togther:eyebrows:. My favorite memory from 17 was, uh, I guess I don't remember much from 17:D Waking up in the nitrous fed 300 C with steel belts hanging out of the rear tires was fun tho:thumb:

cordes
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
SDAC 17 was my first too Cordes, hey we lost our SDAC viginity togther:eyebrows:. My favorite memory from 17 was, uh, I guess I don't remember much from 17:D Waking up in the nitrous fed 300 C with steel belts hanging out of the rear tires was fun tho:thumb:

Joy still laughs about when you asked if the Wendy's guy had tried to tip the machine a bit when you were told they were out of frostys.

ETA: This was the hidden gem of the SDAC-17 car show. According to an 8 year old expert you use the wax paper because it's just better. IIRC there were signs saying that you couldn't use wax paper yet there was wax paper EVERYWHERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEN-dSP8WM

ajakeski
02-09-2013, 08:56 PM
We were too drunk to remember much.
Next year...Memories.

Tony doesn't get out much.

wheming
02-10-2013, 12:51 AM
My first SDAC national was 13 in MD. For me it was specially sentimental because it was also the first time one of Gus' cars made a national event. Sadly Gus had past the year before, and prior to the event I had just actually got Slugmobile. It took a year for the probate stuff to clear before Gus' son Danny could transfer the title. (I kept a copy of it for Slug's documentation.)

I was appreciative that other club members and participants felt similarly that it was a special event for Slug, as she took home the "Special Interest" 1st Place trophy. (Not "Best of Show" as I had stated)

Also I was pleased with the fact Slug did manage a first pass of the day to be in the 12's. Which I thought was good since there were some boost issues and she had just been sitting for a year. And I'll let Brian (Aries K) tell the story about boost troubleshooting and Slug's accomodations....

Last year was the 10th anniversary of Gus' passing and I was planning to honor that by taking both Slugmobile AND Mean Mini to Detroit. Sadly, finding a dead cylinder in each engine forced me to rethink those plans.
But, with this new year, and a new opportunity for a mildly closer event, I am going to try my best to make it. I want to take Mean Mini since she hasn't been to one yet, and since getting her I have been restoring her, and preparing for some upgrades in hopes of her making a respectable return to dragracing.
So after not being to an event for 10 years, I look forward to new SDAC memories during 23.

BadAssPerformance
02-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Barry's recap of SDAC events was a great read and I think we should keep that going. What are your greatest SDAC memories?

Great idea for a thread!

I'll never forget my first SDAC memory. I was pulling into the host hotel parking lot at SDAC-17 and Joy was asking which one was JT since we were hooking up with the Chicago guys. I told her that although I had seen pictures of him on the internet I had really envisioned everyone on the site as being much taller so I couldn't pick anyone out. Everyone from the Chicago land club was so welcoming we felt like we had known them for years. We had the absolute best time that long weekend and managed to take home the poker run plaque. Needless to say I was hooked as I have been to every one since if only for a day or so at times.

LOL @ "I had really envisioned everyone on the site as being much taller" :lol:

So many great memories, its hard for me to pick... every year is like a family reunion, always awesome to see everyone and hang out! :thumb:

BIGBRUDDA
02-10-2013, 10:21 PM
14 I believe it was, In Chicago.I drove up from Cincy with the OVC gang. In my recently recovered C/S.Parked along the fence next to R/T,and started unloading.
As I reach down deep in the hatch I hear a burnout go off, followed by a YEEEHAWWWW!:nx: I rise to see a canadian being towed by, strapped in a Recaro Desk chair, drinkin a beer.:banaride: AHH ! I've found the tribe!:grouphug:

ATaylorRacing
02-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Mine was way back in 1994 at Indy...SDAC 4.

Matchbox was only 10 years old. I didn't even know about the club until then. All in all I have been to 16 events...being a disgruntled mailman up until 2007 kept me from making the ones I had missed.

Keito
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Barry sprinting after Christofferson while he's riding the pocket bike @ 3 in the morning around the hotel parking lot.

sdac guy
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Barry sprinting after Christofferson while he's riding the pocket bike @ 3 in the morning around the hotel parking lot.

I wouldn't call it sprinting (just look at me sometime, I don't sprint :D). I just stepped in front of him to stop him. And it wasn't nearly as late as you say as I was usually in bed by midnight as I got up at 5 am to start the days. And the reason I stopped him, was that we were watching a movie at the time and folks kept buzzing by on the mini bike between us and the movie, interrupting us (very rude). I finally got fed up with it and stepped out to stop the bike. Unfortunately for Marc, as many riders had gone past us, he claimed it was his first turn on the bike, and I stopped him! Yeah, good times none the less. :lol:

Barry

sy2206
02-11-2013, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't call it sprinting (just look at me sometime, I don't sprint :D). I just stepped in front of him to stop him. And it wasn't nearly as late as you say as I was usually in bed by midnight as I got up at 5 am to start the days. And the reason I stopped him, was that we were watching a movie at the time and folks kept buzzing by on the mini bike between us and the movie, interrupting us (very rude). I finally got fed up with it and stepped out to stop the bike. Unfortunately for Marc, as many riders had gone past us, he claimed it was his first turn on the bike, and I stopped him! Yeah, good times none the less. :lol: Barry

LOL!! Good times!! And just so we are clear, that WAS my first turn on the bike. If someone was riding between you guys and the screen, it sure wasn't me.

Pat
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I still chuckle when I think of the big wheel tearing down the hill in the Cincy hotel parking lot. Hilarious!

csxtra
02-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I still chuckle when I think of the big wheel tearing down the hill in the Cincy hotel parking lot. Hilarious!

Hold my beer, watch this!

cordes
02-11-2013, 07:06 PM
That big wheel was no joke. When Warren said "Cordes, take my helmet!" I knew I was in for more than I bargained for.

Shadow
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
The last time I went to SDAC was the first time I went to SDAC and that's the last time I went to SDAC! End of story :)

wheming
02-15-2013, 04:11 PM
That story sounds familiar....

RoadWarrior222
02-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I never forget the time I couldn't go and sat glued to the forum reloading every 5 minutes to catch any post, scrap, or photo of what was going on.....

....oh wait that was every year :D

moparman76_69
02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
18 - Rode up to Detroit with BradP, his stepson, and Zin. I was a first timer with no car of my own. I knew of the antics from 17 through threads on here, and was not disappointed in the least. First night, I go out and someone is being pushed around in one of those gas station ice chests with casters on them. Big wheel was being towed around by a fiddy, the white Shelby Dak was laying waste to the burnout box. Alan hurt himself, Juggy passed out on a hill, etc.

19- I rode with BradP again, with plans to have my at the time GF (now wife) come over Sunday. Her car broke down, so I rode back to Indy with BradP and attempted to fix. I failed at it, so I drove to Cincy in my mom's Jeep, checked out of the hotel, and went to the drags that night. After the drags I went back to Indy so I could finish fixing her car the next day, and Angelo passed me like I was standing still somewhere around Greensburg, IN. I was doing 80ish, he had to be rolling over 90.

20 - skipped it as I still had no car and no ride over.

21 - Finally had a car. My wife had to go to class Monday evening so we drove up separately. Van ran flawless up there, stopped at Al's Italian Beef (as seen on Man v. Food), then proceeded to Waukegan. I decided to find a cheaper hotel down the street instead of the host hotel, and that will never happen again. It was a dump. This was my first Rally, and I was pumped for it. We (Me, Wes, and his GF) rolled out, I had left out my back seat to put in some parts I was selling, so we covered my spare tire with a towel for a third seat. Part way there we catch up to Clay, he tries to sike us out by saying we must be going way to fast to have caught up. The whole rest of the way we were watching our speed and making sure not to miss a thing. Get to awards night, Barry says Clay won, and we were disappoint. Then turbodave says wait a minute, and says we won. Super pumped since I had decided to drag race (peer pressure) I had a chance for Top Gun. I ended up loosing since I received no best in show votes. If I would have voted for myself, I'd won it. While we were there I decided to see about taking over the Hoosier chapter when we got back home. Also, I will say to everyone who says you don't need a car to have fun, that is true, but having a car vs. not having one is way more fun.

22- The never ending van project didn't get completed on time, ended up rolling up with Wes and the New Castle crew. We met Mopar318 in Fort Wayne, then started rolling towards D-town again. Almost to Michigan I get a call that Cordes is stranded and is at the next exit (luck was on his side). We get there and Cordes and minigts are trying to figure out an issue with Joy's daytona. We decided to tow the Daytona the rest of the was and unload the DC charger. I end up driving the DC car, Cordes and Joy drive my wife's Cutlass (the only car with A/C). Get about an hour closer and Wes can't stand not driving his car, and asks if I can drive the Jeep towing. Finally make it. Spent Saturday sorting out the DC car (no boost) at the auto-X, just to have the wiring harness start rubbing the P/S pulley. Finally get that and the computer controlled boost sorted out. Car show was bittersweet as now the Museum is closed. Spent the drags helping with the DC car again. Rally was super hard this time. Wes and I started coming up with a plan to host 23, and discussed what we needed to do to host with JT.

23 - hopefully we are able to put together an event of the caliber that is expected by everyone who attends.

cordes
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Oh, man I hadn't thought about that gas station cooler deal in the longest time.

Reaper1
02-15-2013, 10:06 PM
SDAC19...my first and hopefully won't be my last. Juggy passing out on the hill. Smoke bombs! Not being able to eat at Burger King because they wouldn't serve a walk-up in a drive through....so, I just drank and ate cookies! :thumb: The car show at the museum was amazing...and of course the road course trip was EPIC!

I too will never make the mistake of not staying at the host hotel! I missed a LOT of shenanigans! :(

cordes
02-15-2013, 11:00 PM
SDAC19...my first and hopefully won't be my last. Juggy passing out on the hill. Smoke bombs! Not being able to eat at Burger King because they wouldn't serve a walk-up in a drive through....so, I just drank and ate cookies! :thumb: The car show at the museum was amazing...and of course the road course trip was EPIC!

I too will never make the mistake of not staying at the host hotel! I missed a LOT of shenanigans! :(

That was 18 Chris!!!! :D

Reaper1
02-16-2013, 12:08 AM
DARN IT!!! I keep screwing that up! LMAO!

BadAssPerformance
02-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh, man I hadn't thought about that gas station cooler deal in the longest time.

Yep, classic MoparBoyy :thumb:

168glhs1986
02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Last year, After serving double duty on the autox course for Brian and I the bobble strut bushing broke causing the rad to contact the front motor mount.

Spiro and I located a radiator repair shop on Monday called Ferndale Radiator with hopes to repair the damage. I walked into the shop carrying the rad and without saying a word, the owner said....turbo Omni radiator i see. I knew i was in the right place.

I told owner Mel we were in town for the SDAC event and i needed it fixed fast so i could drag race the next day and i would pay whatever rush fee was needed. We never did talk price but he told to stop back in 3 hours.

I returned around lunch time to pick up and i asked him how it turned out. He said it would last me until i crashed the car. We had a chuckle and i pulled out a wad of bills to pay.

He said no charge, not all of us in Detriot are bad people. I couldnt believe what i was hearing and demanded to pay. He insisted it was on the house so i threw a $20 on the counter and told him the least i could do was buy lunch. He agreed.

After Spiro put things back together that afternoon we made the drags the next day where i ran a p.b.

So Mel from Ferndale radiator, thank you.

dodgeshadowchik
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
18 was my first one... and got me hooked. It's great to see everyone and all the cars! :)

Reaper1
06-02-2013, 07:40 PM
18 is where I met MB and covertly got a picture of her so everyone could see the person behind the magic! :D

Ah yes, smoke bombs, Juggy passed out in the bushes on the hill, the EPIC car show at the W.P. Chrysler museum, getting to drive a pre-production CSRT-4 around the paddock and then riding in it with a Chrysler engineer behind the wheel keeping up with Mike Stimac's Daytona around Waterford Hills.

I GOTTA get back to this event!! Maybe next year (I hope).

moparman76_69
06-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah Waterford Hills was awesome. The SRT guys were super cool about letting people drive the caliber, I had a go at it also. Also meeting the guy driving the viper was pretty cool :eyebrows:

Reaper1
06-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah Waterford Hills was awesome. The SRT guys were super cool about letting people drive the caliber, I had a go at it also. Also meeting the guy driving the viper was pretty cool :eyebrows:

True that! I love the fact I got to meet and chat it up with Ralph!

minigts
06-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Wow sounds like 18 was a first for many. That was mine and I've been every year since, planning to make all the ones going forward too. :) Brought my blue and silver 85 Shelby Charger (originally garnet and sliver) and just did what I could to be there and hang out.

After that, was Cincinnati (I think), actually drove my car that year, had TONS of fun on the road rally. The rest (Maryland, Chicago, Detroit) were with the GLHS, but all were great. But it has always been a blast because Cordes and Joy and I have roomed since 18 whenever they were at the show, great friends to be around. And the rest of the crews out there, wish they could make it EVERY year: Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Philly, Wisconsin, Ontario, Detroit, Lin-Oma, Western Canada, the rest of Canada :), Alabama chapter, FWDP, TU, Buckeyes, Hoosier chapter, New England chapter.....who else?! Hope to see as many of you there this year.

Reaper1
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Well, with the new job and the move across the country, I simply can't this year. I'm going to try VERY hard to make it next year, though. I'm not sure if my car will be there unfortunately....just WAY too much to do and I'm sure it's not going to be enough time to do the work, let alone amass the funds.

Gaboon
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
14 I believe it was, In Chicago.I drove up from Cincy with the OVC gang. In my recently recovered C/S.Parked along the fence next to R/T,and started unloading.
As I reach down deep in the hatch I hear a burnout go off, followed by a YEEEHAWWWW!:nx: I rise to see a canadian being towed by, strapped in a Recaro Desk chair, drinkin a beer.:banaride: AHH ! I've found the tribe!:grouphug:

A yes, the infamous "drunk chair"

As it turns out, office chair wheels are only speed rated to 30 mph......Who knew?

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
A yes, the infamous "drunk chair"

As it turns out, office chair wheels are only speed rated to 30 mph......Who knew?

Hilarious!

Gaboon
06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Hilarious!

JT, those were freakin' good times to the point that the cars were secondary to just hangin' with the boys.

Dang, I miss that.

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2013, 07:23 PM
JT, those were freakin' good times to the point that the cars were secondary to just hangin' with the boys.

Dang, I miss that.

C'mon out in 2.5 weeks Joey! :nod:

Aries_Turbo
06-05-2013, 09:52 PM
alright....

13... my first... highlights...

-calling frank on the phone before got there, asking him "are you drunk already?", hearing him say "Im not drunk" and then hearing EVERYONE in the entire parking lot bellow at the top of their lungs, "BULLSHIT!!!! YOU ARE DRUNK AS ----!!!!!"

-Riding in the back of Slugmobile while Wayne HAMMERED the car.... wouldnt be too bad but there was no backseat. I was sitting on a wheel/slick on a towel and white knuckle gripping the front passenger seat lol. Good times.... Good times... :)

-Remove/Rebuild/Replace the trans in BadAndy's Whitey Shelby Daytona (see Frank's sig pic) several times. No sleep. Car ran pretty hard after we (more like Jersey Joe) found the issues. :)

15... Cincy.

-Watching Ken Hammer his GLHS in the driveway on the trailer in neutral at 3am while bellowing "6 pounds of boost!!!! in neutral"

-Engulfing my reliant in burnout smoke till i couldnt see/breathe.

-Racing my reliant.

-Miraculously being able to drive home in my reliant lol.

-Pizza delivery guy doing a burnout in his neon. :)

-Lame convertible mustang guy doing a one wheel peel burnout.

-Old guy getting carted off in an ambulance cause he decided that he wanted to stay with our crew rather than in the main hotel area. He was ok apparently.

-laskys redneck swimmingpool yacht.... (air mattress)

-Watching Juggy get clotheslined off the scooter.

-Ridiculous Alan and the 300C.

-Ridiculous Alan and the 300C and the Wendys drive through.

-Getting pinned into the seat on low boost in LarryB's sundance.

-detroit. Good times.

-Watching Alan bite it on a scooter.

-PSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH! (awards)

-Spraying a caddy DTS lol.

-Storytime with 5digits. :)

-Having the cops come into the parking lot looking for a shelby charger that was doing burnouts (sean campbell) only to find 15 of them lol.

-scratchouts!

-Big wheel mayhem.

-Gas Station rib-wich medicine to help with my "Weekend at Bucar's" Incident.

-miss maryland pageant lolz.

-Aired up slicks have a real nice ride... from the track back to the hotel.

-DodgeZ's torched CSX lol.

More detroit.

-Minibikes and gokart tom-foolery.

-Ridiculous Alan and the mustang against the curb.

-Viking Mikes Grand Am burnout.

-Welding seans minibike forks after Jeanie railed a curb.... :)

-Chrysler Engineer Turbo Party.

-Street racing with Sean against the car full of mexicans.

-Laskys parking lot BBQ.

-DodgeZ somehow getting GLHSKEN to come out of his cave. :)

Good times.

86Shelby
06-06-2013, 01:56 AM
The first time in Cincy @ 15; attempting the first burnout in the R/T I had bought 7 days before. I had it going real well for first & second gear but the tires weren't hot&gooey enough to pull through 3rd. Then as I left the makeshift burnout box I was waived to the right by the crowd as I saw the popo up at the top of the hill. The security guy, I assumed from the hotel, stopped me and asked repeatedly if I was smoking the tires. All I could think of was to reply that I was leaving while the smoke was still pouring out the window.

Second time at Cincy, was it 19? Adam(Supercrackerbox) and I left the drag races following a long line of SDAC guys. The car blew a fusible link which left us dead on the interstate on-ramp as everyone else ran WOT onto the interstate. Mr. & Mrs. Reeves were nice enough to stop and call a few people to see if they could help. After a short time of trying to hotwire the car and figuring the logistics of a trailer someone got in touch with Dave Tekampe and before we knew it Fleck showed up with his truck & trailer and the car was strapped down in record time. I doubt that it took John more than 60 seconds from the time the e-brake was pulled in the car to when the last strap was cinched down.

At 20 in Wisconsin several of us had a good time helping Kelly swap the clutch in his GLHS. Unfortunately I think I saw fire in Barry's eyes as he looked out his window shortly after we had woken him up. Thankfully looks don't kill as we had surely been severely injured at that moment.

22 in Detroit...I don't want to make a drive like that again. Left Omaha around 12:30-1 and arrived at the hotel about 2am. The camaraderie and fun in the parking lot and events were fantastic. Fixing the black & silver SC in the parking lot was definitely worthwhile. Airbags, fireworks, grilling, beer and stories were a bunch of fun as always.

Unfortunately I won't make it this year.

Shadow
06-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I have No great strories to tell :( At SDAC 21 I was so invested in the Charger (just got it together the day we left) that I didn't have any time to stop and Smell the roses.

Gonna change that next time out! For a matter of fact, I'm working on a story line right now that just May go down in history as "The Greatest SDAC story Ever told"! lol :)

bfarroo
06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
SDAC 14 where the phrase our sh!t rolls originated. The old guy stealing towels from the pool and telling stories about slinging wrenches at J.D. Byrider and his old 440 six pack pulling all 4.

Keito
06-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Fixed it for you.

alright....

13... my first... highlights...

-calling frank on the phone before got there, asking him "are you drunk already?", hearing him say "Im not drunk" and then hearing EVERYONE in the entire parking lot bellow at the top of their lungs, "BULLSHIT!!!! YOU ARE DRUNK AS ----!!!!!"

-Riding in the back of Slugmobile while Wayne HAMMERED the car.... wouldnt be too bad but there was no backseat. I was sitting on a wheel/slick on a towel and white knuckle gripping the front passenger seat lol. Good times.... Good times... :)

-Remove/Rebuild/Replace the trans in BadAndy's Whitey Shelby Daytona (see Frank's sig pic) several times. No sleep. Car ran pretty hard after we (more like Jersey Joe) found the issues. :)

15... Cincy.

-Watching Ken Hammer his GLHS in the driveway on the trailer in neutral at 3am while bellowing "6 pounds of boost!!!! in neutral"

-Engulfing my reliant in burnout smoke till i couldnt see/breathe.

-Racing my reliant.

-Miraculously being able to drive home in my reliant lol.

-Pizza delivery guy doing a burnout in his neon. :)

-Lame convertible mustang guy doing a one wheel peel burnout.

-Old guy getting carted off in an ambulance cause he decided that he wanted to stay with our crew rather than in the main hotel area. He was ok apparently.

-laskys redneck swimmingpool yacht.... (air mattress)

-Watching Juggy get clotheslined off the scooter.

-Ridiculous Alan and the 300C.

-Ridiculous Alan and the 300C and the Wendys drive through.

-Getting pinned into the seat on low boost in LarryB's sundance.

-detroit. Good times.

-Watching Alan bite it on a scooter.

-PSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH! (awards)

-Spraying a caddy DTS lol.

-Storytime with 5digits. :)

-Having the cops come into the parking lot looking for a shelby charger that was doing burnouts (sean campbell) only to find 15 of them lol.

-scratchouts!

-Big wheel mayhem.

-Gas Station rib-wich medicine to help with my "Weekend at Bucar's" Incident.

-miss TEEN maryland pageant lol

-Aired up slicks have a real nice ride... from the track back to the hotel.

-DodgeZ's torched CSX lol.

More detroit.

-Minibikes and gokart tom-foolery.

-Ridiculous Alan and the mustang against the curb.

-Viking Mikes Grand Am burnout.

-Welding seans minibike forks after Jeanie railed a curb.... :)

-Chrysler Engineer Turbo Party.

-Street racing with Sean against the car full of mexicans.

-Laskys parking lot BBQ.

-DodgeZ somehow getting GLHSKEN to come out of his cave. :)

Good times.

Aries_Turbo
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
SDAC 14 where the phrase our sh!t rolls originated. The old guy stealing towels from the pool and telling stories about slinging wrenches at J.D. Byrider and his old 440 six pack pulling all 4.

was that the "i was there, i saw that ----" guy?

Brian

csxtra
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
was that the "i was there, i saw that ----" guy?

Brian

Nope, that is one of our OVC locals...we are so blessed!

Aries_Turbo
06-06-2013, 09:13 PM
lol awesome

minigts
06-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Nope, that is one of our OVC locals...we are so blessed!

AND we got a shirt to go with it! :)

Shadow
06-08-2013, 11:44 AM
One thing I will say about SDAC 21 that really impressed me was the parking lot surveillance! :)

After getting the Charger ready for the track Monday night. (I think we finished around 4-5am after getting back from Go-carting) It gave me a real "secure" feeling to still see several groups of our community shooting the $hit and patroling the lot.

With all of the cars around and a decent amount of $'s in stuff in the truck (slicks/race gas tools ect) it def made me feel more at easy to see this.

Now, is this an actual planned out thing? (taking turns watching the car lot) Or is this just the regular hours of some of our beer drinking friends? lol :nod:

BadAssPerformance
06-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Not planned as much, pending where we are. In Ann Arbor at SDAC-10 we had a shaaaaaady hotel and did actually have folks out all night... Typically though, some of our folks tend to use the sunrise as a sign to go grab an hour or two of sleep :)

OnLooker
06-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Early morning like these first burnouts?

http://www.Google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaXP zxLRopbU&ei=xqi0UbfhDILWyQHYq4HgDg&usg=AFQjCNHpBLbadKvKMbrm9eigsE-z3fk08Q

bfarroo
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I was there I saw that ----!

cordes
06-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I'll say that I'm impressed every year with the number of guys who close down the lot. I've been out there until 5AM or so a few times, but there are a couple guys who don't sleep the whole time I believe.

contraption22
05-29-2014, 01:32 PM
This thread deserves a bump.

turboshad
05-29-2014, 04:49 PM
This thread deserves a bump.

You know you could have at least bumped it with a story about that can of coke the hotel guy found at 23.

cordes
05-29-2014, 05:11 PM
You know you could have at least bumped it with a story about that can of coke the hotel guy found at 23.

You guys really like that one don't you? It was hilarious when the guy came out of the office and said "OK, here we go" while looking up to the heavens with his eyes closed. I'm convinced that the next 5 minutes of his life altered his path for the better.

minigts
05-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Ummm, yeah.

cordes
05-29-2014, 09:55 PM
So you guys basically bumped a thread from nearly a year ago to put the poop note on here again. Nice work gents. I'll be on the look out this year though. I would again like to state that James sabotaged that toilet to get back at Flea who he knew would be taking over at the front desk. I've clogged a few toilets in my time and that was not higher than a level 4 clog.

contraption22
05-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Lol honestly that was not my intention in bumping this thread. I was enjoying reading the stories today and wanted to hear some more.

BlueBaron
05-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Picture it.. Chicago, 2004..

I shared a room with Joe (FireBaron90) and Dave (LaserXT1986) who arrived early in the day. They then met the group at a BBQ hosted at the Tekampe home.
Joe called me during my 8.5 hour drive from Toronto area, and said they added my name to the room. All I needed to do was ask for a key.

Tired from my trip I got to the desk. A flash of ID got me a key to room 183. But I couldn't get the card to work. Great, I've been needing a bathroom for the last 3 hours. So back to the desk.
The clerk was confused that it didn't work. He programmed it again, and sent a kid with me (to insure I wasn't a moron about using key cards). Ok, it worked this time!

I get inside, expecting to recognise some bags or belongings of Joe and Dave. But nothing seemed familiar. Certainly not the floral print shawl and high heel shoes. What the hell?? Screw it, I need to take a dump!
Nine hours of digestion worth of business later, I quickly exit the bathroom and call Joe in a small panic.

-"Hey Ean, ya made it.."

"Joe, what room are we in?!"

-"You haven't checked in yet?"

"What room are we in?!!!"

-"212, what's up?"

"I gotta go!"

-"What's going on? Did they-"

"I GOTTA GO!!" *click*

I quickly grab my bags and head for the door. A quick panicked look to make sure I didn't leave anything, then fear of a 7 foot muscle bound angry man wondering what the hell I'm doing in his room appears in my mind as I open the door.
I step out and pull the door closed. Nobody in the hall. *phew!*

Back at the desk, a puzzled look on the man's face. "Are you still having issues?!"
"Well... That wasn't the right room." He asks for ID again and names of my room mates. Then a pale wide-eyed look on his face as he looks at his computer. "I'm.. Very sorry sir." As he crosses out the room number on my key holder and scribbles 212 below it.

To this day, I have no idea if I flushed or not.

cordes
05-31-2014, 12:28 AM
What a great story Ean. That guy is lucky that he didn't lose his job that night. Also, should we split this off into an SDAC poop story thread? So far we have three of them for sure.

Sgt Craig
05-31-2014, 01:05 PM
I dont have any yet as this will be my first.I hope there isnt some crazy hazing ritual.

cordes
05-31-2014, 02:05 PM
I dont have any yet as this will be my first.I hope there isnt some crazy hazing ritual.

I'll think something up for you.

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2014, 06:02 PM
To this day, I have no idea if I flushed or not.

hilarious!

moparman76_69
05-31-2014, 06:49 PM

Only if you drive a van.

2.216VTurbo
06-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Only if you drive a van.

Yep, if you do the hooligans shoot fireworks at you:p

moparman76_69
06-01-2014, 09:12 AM
More appropriately they'll shoot fireworks at your wife/girlfriend :p

cordes
06-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Yep, if you do the hooligans shoot fireworks at you:p

Depending on the year I've found that fireworks are shot haphazardly in all directions. 17 being a prime example.

Sgt Craig
06-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Only if you drive a van.

Oh good dont think mine will be there,lol.

- - - Updated - - -

More appropriately they'll shoot fireworks at your wife/girlfriend :p

Not bringing either one of them anyway!

glhs0075
06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Not bringing either one of them anyway!
Bringing none is best. Bringing one or the other is acceptable. Bringing both is highly NOT recommended.