PDA

View Full Version : Is there a date set for turbopalooza

stampederunner
08-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Well I finally have my car running great and I'm pumped to run at turbopalooza. At work I have to request time off with a lot of advance notice. So the sooner I can figure out the date and time the more likely I will be able to come down and race!

Mike_Shepard
08-18-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure if there is more than 1 per year but last year it was in November

GLHSKEN
08-18-2006, 06:39 AM
It will be the 1st saturday in November. Same day every year

Clay
08-18-2006, 08:26 AM
that makes it Nov. 4

JDAWG
08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
WTF is turbopalooza?

mcsvt
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
And where :)

Clay
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
well its 2nd only to the annual SDAC car show!! The OVC puts on the thing, and a bunch us get together at a test n tune at a drag strip in Cincinatti (either Edgewater or Tri-State) for a day of racing. Once we even scheduled a dyno day the day before! Its ALWAYS a good time!

they get people from all over for the day, so don't miss out!!!!!!

Mike_Shepard
08-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Yea I was only there for a little while last year and had a blast

BIGBRUDDA
08-18-2006, 12:58 PM
We was thinkin of makin this year "special".:clap2: For all those that could'nt make it to SDAC in Kansas.:(

How you guys feel bout a "host hotel" thang for overnightin.& parkin lot comraderie/shenanigans?:nod:

I'll check the local schedules for "autocentric" events that weekend. In case you'd like to make it a busmans holiday!:amen:

Mike_Shepard
08-18-2006, 02:35 PM
^^^^^ That would be awesome drving from Cinncy to columbus was very hard for me with only 4 hours sleep in 2 days

Clay
08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
We was thinkin of makin this year "special".:clap2: For all those that could'nt make it to SDAC in Kansas.:(

How you guys feel bout a "host hotel" thang for overnightin.& parkin lot comraderie/shenanigans?:nod:

I'll check the local schedules for "autocentric" events that weekend. In case you'd like to make it a busmans holiday!:amen:

that sounds sweet!! Plus setting up a dyno day at Superformance again would be SWEET!

Purpleskunk
08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
always a blast even if you don't take the car on the track. i have been unable to attend for a couple years now because of school engagements, but I will be there in full force this year. project laser will be running even if only on a conservative set up, and if i can find a friend whos willing, ill have the skunk there as well. (depends on what all is going on that week) but no matter what the laser will be there. as amatter of fact its gettin the final touches at the mechanics shop this week. everyone who can should make the trip. its always a good full day of fun!

fleckster
08-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Turbopalooza is at Edgewater. The event at TriState is the Spring Fling. Turbopalooza is always the 1st Saturday in November (weather permitting) and Spring Fling is usually the Saturday after Easter or so. (Spring Fling is not as rigid in the schedule.)

stampederunner
08-18-2006, 08:48 PM
What time does it start?

fleckster
08-18-2006, 09:03 PM
The track opens at about 1pm and goes to about 5 or 6pm. Then we usually head over to Ken's place and hang out until everyone either goes home and collapses! We'll have to check with Ken if that is indeed the plan again though.

sexygomer
09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
that sounds sweet!! Plus setting up a dyno day at Superformance again would be SWEET!

yea, then afterwards everyone can go with me right across the street to my garage and help me finish my daytona. i think that would make an excellent weekend. lol anyway, i should be there this year with my '85 and i hope to see everyone again.

Clay
09-27-2006, 07:00 PM
yea, then afterwards everyone can go with me right across the street to my garage and help me finish my daytona. i think that would make an excellent weekend. lol anyway, i should be there this year with my '85 and i hope to see everyone again.

Sweet! Tell us where to go! :thumb:

sexygomer
09-28-2006, 11:12 PM
it's literally right across the street, behind the Angilo's. So if anyone breaks anything (hopefully not, but hey...) my place is open, and we have just about anything you need. from airtools to a tire machine etc.

BIGBRUDDA
09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
How do you guys feel about a road rally with TURBOPALOOZA?:thumb: The SDAC-15 Rally was EXCELLENT!:amen: Maybe we could schedule it for Sunday afternoon, you know ........when everyone sobers up:eyebrows: Not actualy competative , but a good "drive in the country":p

Clay
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Everyone, due to a change in dates, please see this thread for all furthur Turbopalooza discussion: Turbopalooza Thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7853)