PDA

View Full Version : GLHS VS Corvette Z06

GLHS 160
02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
A couple weeks ago my friend in his Omni GLHS was heading across town for a drive with his girlfriend.. He pulls up to a light and an orange Z06 vette pulls up and puts his window down.. The Vette owner thought it was me in my GLHS.. To his surprise, it was his (vette owners) old GLHS, that he had sold about 2 years earlier to the guy driving it.. They exchanged small talk, and when the light changed they pulled away, but not racing.. They were both just looking at one another waiting out if, and who was gonna jump.. (I am getting all his from the Vette owner, after the race).. Anyway the Omni shifts to second and then floors it.. He pulled away quick, and the Vette hits second gear and breaks loose the rear a little he said.. By now the Omni has him about 3-4 lengths. Omni hits third and is pulling really hard as the Vette hits third.. The Vette thinks he is about to reel him in and get his "ego" back.. It did not happen.. The Omni held him off through third and then they let off as it hit 4th gear.. Not long after the race (20 minutes) the Z06 owner calls me telling what happened.. He said " I have no excuses". He could not believe the Omni whipped him.. He then said the only relief he could get from this, was the GLHS used to be his... I told him all "I hear, is your $60K corvette just got beat by a $3K Omni" !!!! To add insult to injury, I told him he was gonna have to give up his license plate to the Omni.. His tag reads "UR VIEW"

The GLHS was one that was put together little over 10 years ago at FM.. Not sure all that was done to it... The turbo says Garrett BCC.. But we do not know anymore than that.. +20 injectors.. The intercooler is a S60.. The exhaust is a full 2.5 with a cat still.. The car was pulling 24 psi.. No manuel boost controller, and most of the time it pulls around 20psi.. Guess it was a lucky day to get the high boost..

168glhs1986
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Good story. Sounds like a modest z06 owner or sure.

trannybuster
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I take it you didnt mention the omni porbably gets better than 30mpg to boot..woulda been fun to see!

GLHS 160
02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
He knows the Omni gets great mileage, cuz it used to be his... He wanted to get a chick magnet fast car..
Well, the car cost so much he cannot afford to go out.. Then to get beat by his old Shelby was a real kick in the face.. He said that one of his Z06 buddies came by, and he told the story to him. While talking, the Shelby drove by and he pointed it out to his friend. the other Vette guy looked at him like he was crazy.. My friend told him if he did not believe him to go run him down and try the Omni.. The guy declined, not wanting to take the chance of getting embarrassed..

black86glhs
02-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Awesome story. We have a few cars around here i want to say hi to when I get it running and sorted out.

RoadWarrior222
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Heh, if I wanted a chick magnet, I'd get a 500 Abarth.

black86glhs
02-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Heh, if I wanted a chick magnet, I'd get a 500 Abarth.You planning on being alone for a long time, eh?

:lol:

RoadWarrior222
02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Nah, they think they're cute.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I don't usually need the help though, for instance, this is me sitting in a ratted out '91 Toyota Tercel...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3199/veyrontroll3.jpg

trannybuster
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM
He knows the Omni gets great mileage, cuz it used to be his... He wanted to get a chick magnet fast car..
Well, the car cost so much he cannot afford to go out.. Then to get beat by his old Shelby was a real kick in the face.. He said that one of his Z06 buddies came by, and he told the story to him. While talking, the Shelby drove by and he pointed it out to his friend. the other Vette guy looked at him like he was crazy.. My friend told him if he did not believe him to go run him down and try the Omni.. The guy declined, not wanting to take the chance of getting embarrassed..

^I reread it, I just skipped to the beating part...lol....

Tbird232ci
02-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Heh, if I wanted a chick magnet, I'd get a 500 Abarth.

Sounds like you'd rather be a chick, than a chick magnet.

RoadWarrior222
02-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Well the serial divorcee and alimony thing is tempting...

3Bar_Mopar
03-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I've messed with about 3 different C5 Vettes in my Sundance. I didn't "win" any of the encounters but it was closer than I thought it would have been. One guy back when my car was still auto...he had a loud exhaust....take off from a light and I mash it once I'm out of 1st...he mashes it too and we both blow tires off across the intersection....didn't seem like he could pull on me.

Next time was a random guy in a bright blue C5 convertible (probably auto) with chrome wheels....we played back and forth and he couldn't gain anything....we couldn't get a clean run though. He pulled off into a used car dealership looking very annoyed, lol.

Last was a modded Vette and another car on the highway doing pulls...I was behind them. My car was in "one seat, no side window glass" mode.....slow down to about 40 mph, 3 honks and they go. The Vette was a mild bolt-on car, very loud....I don't know much else. He got out on me about 3-4 cars to 115.