PDA

View Full Version : Crankscraper

black86glhs
01-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Is it supposed to touch the crank or not? I would think if you get it within .01" of the crank it would get more oil off it. If the crank swells from absorbing the oil the scraper can clearance itself by wearing down to the size of the crank, right?

LOL.......suckers!!!! You know you fell for it and were going WTF!!!!!!:D:eyebrows::evil:

RoadWarrior222
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
HA, ha, haha, heh.

I was wondering about making one with about a dozen silicone "basting brushes" though.. that could trail.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

If you really really wanted one that fitted close as hell, you could make one from copper sheet and let it wear to fit.

tryingbe
01-25-2013, 09:29 AM
On a serious note, I put a crackscraper on, bolt on the oil pan without the gasket, started turning the crank over then I hear the crank keep hitting the scraper. I took it off and never put it back on.

RoadWarrior222
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
They are a "tweak to fit" part though.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Hmmm.... http://www.scicominc.com/index.php/products/teflonr-products/teflon-sheet-stock