PDA

View Full Version : Possible L body AMR coilover group buy.

thedon809
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Ok fellas here is what I am attempting to do. I saw on the neon forums that AMR engineering has a group buy going for their coilovers. I also saw that they would be willing to make coilovers for pretty much anything. I have been in talks with one of the guys about getting some coilovers made for L bodies. I haven't really heard of AMR and been doing research and it seems that they are highly regarded in the honda/mitsu crowd. They also carry a lifetime warranty. I am currently trying to find someone with an L body that is local to them in washington to get measurements from. If/when this happens, the coilovers will be available with many options. They can be had with camber plates or normal top mounts, stock L body knuckle width or if you are running k based knuckles they can be made to accommodate the thicker knuckle. These are also custom made and valved for your car. Not just a one size fits all coilover. It seems the price would probably be in the neighborhood of 1400-1800. Hopefully to the lower end of the spectrum but won't know for sure until they get a car to take measurements from. I am trying to get a group buy going but this won't be a one time thing. Once they get measurements, they can make the coilovers at any time. I'm sure it would be more expensive in that case though.
Here is their website
http://www.amrengineering.com/
and the group buy thread for neons has good info.
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=400881

turbovanmanČ
01-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Not trying to deter you but aren't the Koni's that range and also Rich B sells the BC Coilovers for around that price too or less.

jckrieger
01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Not trying to deter you but aren't the Koni's that range and also Rich B sells the BC Coilovers for around that price too or less.

+1 on that! For $1400-$1800 you can get a full set of coilovers for almost any application, including Viper. When I decide my non-gas-charged konis have had it, I will definitely be looking at the BC Coilover setup.

thedon809
01-23-2013, 09:08 PM
From all indications, these are superior to BC coilovers and koni's at a similar price, and are custom valved for your specific vehicle. AMR claims to have NEVER had a blown dampener in the 8+ years they have been in business. If someone is serious about spending this kind of coin on any coilover setup, I advise you to do some research and come to your own conclusion. The more options we have available, the better in my opinion. Whether we get a group buy going or not, doesn't matter to me. I will be getting the AMR's regardless.

1BADVAN
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Sounds cool but out of my price range. Might be interested in k car style someday when i am rich.

turbovanmanČ
01-24-2013, 01:58 AM
From all indications, these are superior to BC coilovers and koni's at a similar price, and are custom valved for your specific vehicle. AMR claims to have NEVER had a blown dampener in the 8+ years they have been in business. If someone is serious about spending this kind of coin on any coilover setup, I advise you to do some research and come to your own conclusion. The more options we have available, the better in my opinion. Whether we get a group buy going or not, doesn't matter to me. I will be getting the AMR's regardless.

That's good info, like I said, not trying to deter you.