PDA

View Full Version : Comp Turbo sale!!

glhs727
01-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Want the best of the best turbo?? What the best of the best price?? FWD Performance can take care of both for you. We are now offerring Comp Turbos at unbeatable prices! All frames and trims available!! From CT2 small frame journal bearing all the way up to large frame tripple ball-bearing, you won't find a better price than us!
Thinking about a Garrett GTX?? Think again!!!
Why choose Triplex Ceramic™ CT3B Technology
•Light weight turbo.
•Rebuildable.
•Rapid rotor acceleration.
•99% mechanical efficiency.
•Engineered to outperform competition.
•Manufactured with aluminum components.
•Bearing service life is two to five times longer.
•1 Year limited warranty.
The Triplex Ceramic ball bearing technology results in several important performance improvements compared to a conventional sleeve bearing systems. One important advantage is that the Triplex Ceramic can carry both axial and radial loads so that the need for a conventional thrust bearing is eliminated. The power loss attributed to a conventional thrust bearing is proportional to the fourth power of the radius and can amount to several horsepower at the high speeds at which turbochargers operate. The Triplex Ceramic is capable of carrying both high thrust loads and radial loads at the same time and usually absorb only fractions of a HP due to the anti friction characteristics.
The Triplex Ceramic Ceramic balls are also 60% lighter than steel balls and operate with lower vibration levels. Since centrifugal forces are significantly reduced at high speeds, their service life is two to five times longer. There is less heat build-up in the ceramic bearings during operation and they can reach operational speed up to 50% higher than steel ball bearings. These favorable mechanical characteristics of the ceramic ball bearings make them an ideal choice for turbocharger bearing systems that run at high operating speeds and are subjected to high exhaust gas temperatures.
PM for best pricing! sale pricing good till the end of January!
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/compturbo2_zpsa9fe96d5.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/compturbo1_zpse1a19e68.jpg

turboshad
01-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Even though I haven't put mine on yet, holding it in my hands it is a very nice unit. If anyone is interested in more pictures check out this thread...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?63501-New-turbo-has-arrived&highlight=comp

(http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?63501-New-turbo-has-arrived&highlight=comp)Nice to see a TM supplier adding such a great product to their line. :thumb:

turbovanman²
01-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Those are nice looking turbo's and billet wheels too boot. What's a turbo equivalent to the GT35R worth?

glhs727
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
depends on whether you want journal bearings or triple bearings, reg wheel or billet and what configurations so the price can go from $650 to $1299 I think. I'll have to double check my pricing tomorrow

turbovanman²
01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
depends on whether you want journal bearings or triple bearings, reg wheel or billet and what configurations so the price can go from $650 to $1299 I think. I'll have to double check my pricing tomorrow

Ok, no worries, just curious. Thanks.

cordes
01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Congrats on the new line Cindy.

Kryp2nitE
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Whats the advantage of a billet wheel?

glhs727
01-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Whats the advantage of a billet wheel?

billet wheels are forged and fully-machined. they are lighter, stronger and usually have the latest in compressor design. a billet wheel will give faster spool then a conventional wheel.

Force Fed Mopar
01-17-2013, 01:23 AM
$650 for an equivalent of a GT35 is not bad, journal bearing or not! I assume they are all T3 flange though?

contraption22
01-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Very nifty. I was just researching these a few days ago. Seem pretty cool.

MILKCARTON
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I have an ATS bb turbo, 57 trim t3 flange, I believe comp turbo bought out this company, any info to this?

1BADVAN
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
$650 for an equivalent of a GT35 is not bad, journal bearing or not! I assume they are all T3 flange though?
Their website mentions a bunch of options, but no Chrysler flange if that's what you are looking for. Cause I know i have a hard time wanting to pull my manifold and re-drill it.

glhs727
01-17-2013, 11:59 AM
someone on another forum asked if this was a direct bolt on for the t-2 garret, here is my response:

yes, and no.
They can make us several different combinations. They have a t04b cover turbo that has a kickout to the left like a t2 turbo. The turbine housing will be a ford style t3 and not the chrysler. In that case, we sell, and we would suggest using the atp v- band swingvalve housing, and modifying your downpipe. They did say that if the demand was great enough they would make a .63 chrysler style housing, but until we can prove there is a demand, they aren't likely to do it. We can make headers, log manifolds, custom downpipes etc... in our shop so we are planning on making a kit that would include a log style manifold that places the turbo in the stock position, add the turbo, atp vband housing, turbo lines, wga, bracket and a downpipe for a one set price if more than 5 people want it and are willing to put down a deposit. a custom kit like that with a journal bearing would run about $1650 for everything..... definitely flow a lot better than stock..... and be probably be the most inexpensive, most comprehension turbo kit available for our cars

contraption22
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
A similar package for 16v cars would be cool too. Even SRT-4's

glhs727
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
A similar package for 16v cars would be cool too. Even SRT-4's

yes, we plan on that and are currently working on a sidewinder header/turbo kit for the srt-4.....

Force Fed Mopar
01-18-2013, 12:07 AM
What about machining Chrysler housings to fit? Possibility?

wowzer
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
any compressor maps to look at?

glhs727
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
What about machining Chrysler housings to fit? Possibility?

yes, they could machine a chrysler housing, so that is a possiblilty, although most people would only have a .48, and only a lucky few would have a.63

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

any compressor maps to look at?

They don't have any on the site, but i did talk to them and they will see about what they have available and what they can send me to look at

contraption22
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Their product numbering system looks similar to that of PTE. Do they use the same wheels?

glhs727
01-19-2013, 12:53 PM
the numbering system is the same but i doubt they use the same wheels. If you got to pte and then comp and look at the 5558 billet wheel turbos, you will see the pte shows a 6 blade design and the comp a 7 blade design. I think they use the same numbering becuase it makes it easier for the customer to understand exactly what they are getting as opposed to BW 256 or agp delta 44 where you have to research the thing to actually find out what size wheels are in them.

ForzaV12
01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I am assembling a nice engine with premium parts for my DD GLHS. It will be running Super 60 wiring harness and computer. I was planning on purchasing a new turbo to replace the stocker. Must be a complete bolt-on. Is this new turbo something that would apply or would you recommend something else? Thanks.

glhs727
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM
just got more comp turbos in today and we will be test fitting/building our protoype turbo "kits". trying to make things easy for the end user.... pictures to follow...stay tuned!

contraption22
02-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Just post to see if anybody in the community is running one of these Comp Turbos yet, and how they like them.

glhs727
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Just post to see if anybody in the community is running one of these Comp Turbos yet, and how they like them.

We have a sold a few to TD guys, ( Joelzip just got a triple ball bearing for his masi) but most of the ones we have sold have gone to SRT-4 owners.

contraption22
02-18-2014, 02:43 PM
We have a sold a few to TD guys, ( Joelzip just got a triple ball bearing for his masi) but most of the ones we have sold have gone to SRT-4 owners.

Cool!
Which turbos are the SRT guys going with? I'm looking for a turbo for my 2.4 project.

glhs727
02-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Cool!
Which turbos are the SRT guys going with? I'm looking for a turbo for my 2.4 project.

The 5858 is popular for guys going big turbo and not many mods. 6262 for the guys with head work and cams. We also made a nice sidewinder kit with a 6262 shown below, and also made 600 whp at 29 psi boost with a 6265 (not a sidewinder). We plan to redyno the 6265 car with a 4bar set-up and more tuning and hope to add some more hp

side winder kit
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/P1010343_zps6c7bf593.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/P1010339_zpsdc2b6998.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/P1010340_zpsbdd61081.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/srt403/P1010341_zps587600e3.jpg

Ondonti
02-25-2014, 11:58 AM

I know I always hear good things about them but since Comp Turbo seems to be sorta "secret" I don't know much about matching them up or how they compare with other turbos of similar sizes. I wish everyone was open and honest about compressor and turbine maps. Garrett does that and it lets you see that some turbos in the same Garrett line are a lot better then others even when you might think they are comparable on the exact same engine. Its nice to see someone go first in line and prove it works when you don't have maps.

Who made that exhaust manifold and how much $? I have looked for something like a top mount ramhorn srt-4 manifold for RWD setup but even a sidewinder like that would work great for hood clearance. Every single srt-4 manifold I have seen looks like garbage or costs way too much.

glhs727
02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
I know I always hear good things about them but since Comp Turbo seems to be sorta "secret" I don't know much about matching them up or how they compare with other turbos of similar sizes. I wish everyone was open and honest about compressor and turbine maps. Garrett does that and it lets you see that some turbos in the same Garrett line are a lot better then others even when you might think they are comparable on the exact same engine. Its nice to see someone go first in line and prove it works when you don't have maps.

Who made that exhaust manifold and how much $? I have looked for something like a top mount ramhorn srt-4 manifold for RWD setup but even a sidewinder like that would work great for hood clearance. Every single srt-4 manifold I have seen looks like garbage or costs way too much.

we (FWD Performance) made the exhaust manifold and all the piping as well. about $900 for the manifold. Coating is extra

contraption22
02-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Pretty cool system. Have you tested fitment in any other chassis?

glhs727
02-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Pretty cool system. Have you tested fitment in any other chassis?

yes we also have one in a L-body charger running a 2.4.....

Reaper1
02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
So, what's the deal with the turbo on the SRT-4 sidewinder? The first picture shows what looks to be a Comp turbo, but the pictures of the kit installed show a Garrett. At least the compressor housing, but the center section isn't billet either. I'd also like to know the amount of room you had to work with behind the head for that header? Just curious...

This is NOT a dig on FWD at all and I am not putting down their company or the products they sell. I've always had good experiences with FWD and have always had good products and good customer service. I do not believe that they are out to sell bad products. This is MY OPINION and should be taken with a grain of salt...or two. YMMV, terms and conditions may apply, batteries not included.

My biggest issue with Comp and Precision is that neither have any kind of compressor maps. I understand that there is word-of-mouth, and cars that have proven performance with such-and-such a set-up. That's all fine and good. However, for people like myself, I like to be able to know how the product might perform and compares to other well known products that do offer this type of information. I also understand that most people only kind of understand how to read a compressor map and that it can be confusing to look at a whole bunch of them and compare. I still would like that option if I want it.

My technical train of thought is that if a company is going to go through the effort of designing their own compressor wheels, then why would they not go through the effort of testing them before putting them on a vehicle? It's validation of design. There's not a reputable turbomachinery company out there that just machines out a shape and shoves it on some equipment to see how it works. To me, by not providing the compressor maps, it looks like they are trying to hide something, kinda like a food product that has "and other ingredients" on the package. OK...so, what are those "other ingredients"?

Having said that, I've been doing a LOT of research on turbos recently because I'm going to need to make that investment hopefully in the near future. Any recent issues I've read about have been minimal or limited to a certain type of set-up. I've not read of anybody being disappointed in the performance of the turbo as long as it was sized correctly for their goals and installed per the manufacturer's instructions.

Again, this is not saying that this is a bad product in ANY way.

glhs727
02-26-2014, 07:12 PM
So, what's the deal with the turbo on the SRT-4 sidewinder? The first picture shows what looks to be a Comp turbo, but the pictures of the kit installed show a Garrett. At least the compressor housing, but the center section isn't billet either. I'd also like to know the amount of room you had to work with behind the head for that header? Just curious....

Because OUR Kit is designed to work on multiply turbo's. The kit shown is ready to go with a 6262TBB comp with Tial housing. This would be considered our top of the line kit. The kit shown installed is the same kit (we made several) and he wanted to use the garrett GTX because someone owed him money and he got the turbo as payment. Both use the same tial housing so both will fit the same in the engine bay, both have the same WGA and BOV as well. We have several levels for this kit, so customers can choose turbo's, with or without coatings, what BOV and what wastegate that want etc... so it can fit many budgets from mild to wild.

This is NOT a dig on FWD at all and I am not putting down their company or the products they sell. I've always had good experiences with FWD and have always had good products and good customer service. I do not believe that they are out to sell bad products. This is MY OPINION and should be taken with a grain of salt...or two. YMMV, terms and conditions may apply, batteries not included.

My biggest issue with Comp and Precision is that neither have any kind of compressor maps. I understand that there is word-of-mouth, and cars that have proven performance with such-and-such a set-up. That's all fine and good. However, for people like myself, I like to be able to know how the product might perform and compares to other well known products that do offer this type of information. I also understand that most people only kind of understand how to read a compressor map and that it can be confusing to look at a whole bunch of them and compare. I still would like that option if I want

I have gotten compressor maps before from Comp, and they are more than happy to build almost any combination you want. I rely on my own real world testing, others real word testing, reputation and expertise of the turbo builder etc... and that means more to me than looking at a compressor map. Yes, maybe it's nice to look at all the different maps, but not having one would not stop me from a buying a turbo

Reaper1
02-26-2014, 10:43 PM
I have gotten compressor maps before from Comp, and they are more than happy to build almost any combination you want.

This is very good to know! Thank you for letting us know that. Do you just need to ask them? Do you need to be a distributor of their product?

fishcleaner
02-26-2014, 11:43 PM
we (FWD Performance) made the exhaust manifold and all the piping as well. about $900 for the manifold. Coating is extra
Sweet kit, any pictures on an L-body?

glhs875
02-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Nice looking stuff! Glad to see some new products coming out!

contraption22
02-27-2014, 09:29 AM
I agree it would be extremely helpful to have compressor maps. Garrett makes it easy. Precision is easier for more popular cars like EVO's SRT-4's because there are enough of of them out there to get a good idea of what combos work.

Turbos are to expensive for trial end error.

85boostbox
02-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Sweet kit, any pictures on an L-body?

+2 for pics

joelzip
03-05-2014, 09:20 PM
This will be comp turbo number 5 for me, I chose a baby 5557 for my masi build as I was concerned with lag and a manual transmission. It doesn't require any coolant with the billet center section. I have two others on a small block chevy that work great and the last two I haven't run yet are oil less! No oil lines and can be mounted even vertical. Worst case scenario for a size you don't like would be to send it out for a change or on my chevy I may exchange the .82 housings for .63 to reduce lag. They wanted $400 to exchange two used exhaust housings for newer smaller ones and ceramic coat them black. I can swap the housings myself.