PDA

View Full Version : Exactly 6mo until SDAC 23!

cordes
12-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Today is the shortest day of the year. On the longest day of the year six months from now I'll be happily on my way to SDAC 23! I can't wait.

superbleu
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder where exactly that is ............:evil:

cordes
12-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder where exactly that is ............:evil:

It won't be long before everyone knows!

glhs0075
12-22-2012, 12:42 AM
All this SDAC talk is making me sad.:(

T-Bohn
12-22-2012, 01:34 AM
SSSSooooo....

Where is it??

BadAssPerformance
12-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Now that I got a couple days off work and got teh 2013 calendars mostly sorted out, digging in to finish the next issue of Up Front which will fficially have the announcement...

cordes
12-22-2012, 12:24 PM
This is great news!

moparman76_69
12-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Now that I got a couple days off work and got teh 2013 calendars mostly sorted out, digging in to finish the next issue of Up Front which will fficially have the announcement...

sheesh it's about time. :p

wheming
12-26-2012, 10:21 PM
oh crap!
I better get my shizzle together or I'll never make it!

168glhs1986
12-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Has Sdac ever had a mobile dyno day? Probably not much interest but curious if it may be a success set up in the hotel parking lot? Any thoughts on this?

ScottD
12-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Has Sdac ever had a mobile dyno day? Probably not much interest but curious if it may be a success set up in the hotel parking lot? Any thoughts on this?

We tried to do a dyno day for SDAC 20. We looked into a mobile dyno, but it was cost prohibitive. Instead, we tried having a dyno day at MD performance center since it was relatively close to the host hotel. Didn't get any interest so it didn't happen.

168glhs1986
12-27-2012, 12:04 AM
We tried to do a dyno day for SDAC 20. We looked into a mobile dyno, but it was cost prohibitive. Instead, we tried having a dyno day at MD performance center since it was relatively close to the host hotel. Didn't get any interest so it didn't happen.

What was the approx. costs of the mobile dyno? I think it should be a free service paid for by sponsors.

BadAssPerformance
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Interesting idea. A couple of our SDAC events have had a "dyno day" on the schedule. It was not "mobile" but at a local shop. A mobile dyno at the hotel may not be possible depending on real estate avaialble as we usually pack every hotel lot we have gone to. In has typically been a low take rate regardless of cost. Not sure why, if it just was lack of interest or cost. I would have to check to be sure, but seem to recall "3 pulls for $75" which is a very fair price. Would the take rate be more if it were free? You would guess so, but I'm not sure if sponsors would be interested in shelling out the change so 5-7 cars get on the dyno for free... let me think about this one some more

ScottD
12-27-2012, 10:16 AM
What was the approx. costs of the mobile dyno? I think it should be a free service paid for by sponsors.

I want to think it was $1500 for the mobile dyno. Barry G. might remember better. The problem was it was money needed up front, so if people didn't participate that was a bill the club was stuck with.

The other thing is you have drag racing usually on Tuesday. l think our schedule at 20 was Sun car show, Mon auto-x, and Tuesday drag racing. Wed people usually leave. If we weren't having the auto-x maybe there would have been more interest in the dyno.

Where is SDAC 23 going to be anyway? I need to start planning if I'm going to go :)

cordes
12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Also, there's the fact that if you're running at the drag strip you can extrapolate some pretty darn accurate real world HP numbers. The dyno would be a nice option for those who want a little less chance of breakage though.

168glhs1986
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
If the dyno was free, there would be a line of cars waiting for miles. Maybe have a donation jar setup so people could donate what they felt ok with. Id say for 2 free dyno runs, almost every one in attendence would want to sign up for that.

cordes
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
That may be true. I wonder how many would actually do it though. There is a ton of free stuff at SDAC which isn't taken advantage of. The road rally is always very enjoyable and not everyone attends.

168glhs1986
12-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I think sdac is great even without a dyno...but if you were to add that to the parking lot, you've got an all day party!

Bets being made, bragging rights, beers being drinken, beers being drinken, boost being turned up, beers being drinken, boost being turned up....

The parking lot is a hangout anyway, why not bring the party to the attendees and give them a free dyno! Of course we would need to find someone willing to pay for it and you would have to have the space for it and hotel approval of course.

I think even if its free and at a local facility, the majority of attendees would still rather just hang out in the parking lot; which as long as the above 3 things are met, makes this a no brainer.

cordes
12-27-2012, 07:46 PM
It certainly would make for a great time. It would be great if we could get it together for this year's event.