PDA

View Full Version : New Member restoring 86 Turbo Z Parts Where?

Skeeter5
12-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Greetings I'm about to restore my original 86 Daytona Turbo Z CS with 42K original miles. I bought this car new in 86 and drove it until 2003 when I parked it in the garage . Recently I revived my interest in my old friend. This is a relatively rare package with Only the CS option. NO air , NO T-tops NO auto, NO electronic dash. I can live with the options as is for now (though I am having the seats done in leather ). What I really need is a source for some weathered parts. The door window weatherstripping is cracked and needs replacing. I did get the wipes from Omni-potent but can't seem to find the channel anywhere. HELP! and thanks .

cordes
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
The parts wanted section on here is probably going to be your best bet. There aren't a ton of parts made for these cars yet.

85boostbox
12-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Welcome. And that is rare. Got any pics of it. What color is it and what color interior. And I'm with cordes. Parts section is your best bet.

Skeeter5
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. My Daytona is the bright red with black interior. The original fabric seats just fell apart so they are being replaced with black leather.
Guess I will have to hope something magically appears. No pics yet its just being dissassembled .

martin kolner
12-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I've got loads of Daytona parts. sent you an e-mail

matthis
03-08-2013, 05:52 AM
i got the C/S fender badges,as well as the electric instrument panel with 125+MPH speedometer read out. as well as a couple of black interior pieces.

BIGBRUDDA
03-09-2013, 01:34 AM
I have a garage loaded with parts.Just not good window seals.

Lee'sdaytona
04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Good luck my friend. I am restoring an 86 Turbo Z C/S red/black cloth, but soon to swap in leather. Want my old black door panels? Front seats are OK, but mice roamed the car before I got it, and don't know if the smell will stay with the seats, or if its only in the carpet.

Parts these days are really hard to find, sadly. You are in much better shape that I was/am. Ironically, my door strips are in almost perfect shape! Must have been replaced back when they were still available.

Best of luck!
-Lee

4 l-bodies
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Skeeter5,
Too bad you didn't start buying parts for it around the time you parked it in 2003. It was around 99-02 when most everything went NS1 (no longer available) at Mopar. Good luck on the restoration. With such a low mile car, you are in much better shape than nearly everyone else that attempts to restore one of these cars. First gen G-bodies are my favorite of all the g-bodies. IMO, Mopar got it right the first time on these cars. I personally would stick with cloth seats. Have you tried SMS for interior cloth/vinyl?
Todd