PDA

View Full Version : 86 LeBaron GTS H-Body Peterborough, Ontario

A89aries
08-15-2006, 08:19 PM
I’m selling an 86 LeBaron GTS: I have owned it for two years now, bought it and did a full headgasket job and have been using it as my daily driver. It was my dream car when I bought it, ever since the day I bought it I have not hesitated to spend money on it, only using Mopar parts and doing all the work either myself or with my neighbor who is a Chrysler mechanic. I have a file folder with over $4000 worth of invoices (scary though). Needless to say I kept a record of everything I ever did to this car. Recently iv been having some issues with rust, mainly being gas and brake lines. I had been planning to buy a new car come fall so I put a temporary patch in the fuel line and redid the rear brake lines on the weekend hoping it would fix my brake problems. However the problem persisted and I still have no brakes, even after replacing the master cylinder with a brand new one tonight. In any case im not really willing to invest any more time or money into the car. So as of now the car sits at my work on jack stands, I’m thinking it’s the brake line between the MC and the proportioning valve as fluid mists out from that general area when you step on the pedal.

Car: 1986 LeBaron GTS, 5 speed with a 2.2L turbo, fully loaded interior, leather, digital dash, 12 button navigator (rebuilt so the buttons work), CD player, power everything. Interior is in near mint shape, aside from needing a cleaning which id be glad to do. I drove this car 50km+ a day for the last two years, it has only left me stranded once when I first got it (HEP, now have two spares in the car). Underneath and rocker panels are in surprisingly in good shape! Was under the car on the weekend doing the brake lines and really, it’s not perfect but it really is amazing.

Problems with the car: Brake line rusted out somewhere, fuel lines could use replacement in certain areas. Exhaust leak between turbocharger and exhaust manifold. Hit from behind leaving a bent hatch and busted tail light. I have a new headlight and have been trying to find a nice hatch to replace the current one (im rather picky so it’s taken a while)

Bonus: Car comes with a $500 Sony stereo, whole load of spare parts (what TD owner doesn’t have them?) two turbo's, one a used mitsu and the other being a fresh Chrysler rebuilt garret, blow through turbo intake, lots more that I can't remember. Have a truck and access to a trailer, willing to tow the car for the cost of towing it there.

In closing: Good car to fix up and make into a nice daily driver, sleeper, but not really a race car seeing as it wasn’t designed for that. Having had the car as a member of my family for two years now and putting so much money and effort into it id like to see it go to a good home and not be "parted". The car is way too good to be parted. So im asking $750 OBO for the car and everything else with it, Anyways shoot me off a PM if you have any questions or want pictures of anything specific.

http://site.voila.fr/yardtrip/IMG_1.jpg

http://site.voila.fr/carpics/engineleabon.JPG

http://site.voila.fr/carpics/lebaroninside.JPG