PDA

View Full Version : Need Avenger info - Anyone with a Chrysler connection?

denviola
12-14-2012, 11:03 PM
My son crashed his 2008 Dodge Avenger and it is a total loss. It is a Car of Tomorrow (COT) Special Edition of which there were 25 made. I'm looking for any info on pricing, sales literature, etc. for use with the insurance company. Any help would be greatly appreciated, espcially leads to some one in marketing that could possibly provide sales info. No sure it will make any difference to the insurance company, but I'm going to try.

Background: In 2007 or 2008, whenever the new NASCAR cars called car of tomorrow were finally in use, Dodge made a special run of 25 Avengers. All were R/T models with AWD and 6 speed automatic, and every option available except sunroof and rear DVD. They had special Dover speedway badges on the trunk lid and on the console. These cars were paraded around Dover Speedway by race drivers prior to one of the Dover races that year, then distributed to dealers in the Md-Del-Va area. I can find a little info online, and I joined avengerforumz when we got the car so I'm looking for help there also. We bought the car (#17 of 25) used from a Virginia dealer, and there was no literature or sticker with the car, and the trunk lid badge was missing. Someone tried to remove the console badge as well but they couldn't get it off. The former owner had been on the Avenger forum, but never came back.

Thanks in advance.
UNK D

black86glhs
12-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Hey Denny, Have you tried calling Dodge to see if they could get you any info?

denviola
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey Denny, Have you tried calling Dodge to see if they could get you any info?
I'm gonna bump this up - I've dropped a message on the Dodge site. Anyone have a phone number for the Dodge marketing folks?

shadow88
12-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I would try the selling dealer for a copy of the original invoice.