PDA

View Full Version : 1st Shelby Grand Nationals @ Hershey, 2013

Wayne in NJ
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone (SDAC-ers) attending? I'm ATTEMPTING to line myself up to go.... (I posted elsewhere on the Turbo-Mopar BB, some of the details taken from the Team Shelby site, so pardon if this is redundant....).

168glhs1986
12-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Anyone (SDAC-ers) attending? I'm ATTEMPTING to line myself up to go.... (I posted elsewhere on the Turbo-Mopar BB, some of the details taken from the Team Shelby site, so pardon if this is redundant....).

If I can fit it into the schedule I'd like to go attend....mainly the track days at Summit Point with the high HP Shelby Fords :)

Wayne in NJ
12-14-2012, 09:57 AM
If I can fit it into the schedule I'd like to go attend....mainly the track days at Summit Point with the high HP Shelby Fords :)

I'm dying to try my Charger out on a road course. I've never done ANY of that sort of thing! (No doubt I'll be slower than a slug, not because of my car, but my lack of driving ability)!

denviola
12-14-2012, 10:44 PM
I'll likely be there. I attended the Shelby 50th anniversary celebration as part of the Carlisle Ford nationals last year, and it was a blast. Got some awesome goodies as well, and am thrilled it will be nearby this year as well.
Denny

Wayne in NJ
12-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Guessing we're gonna have a gathering point of some sort for the SDAC then? Latest Shelby mag mentioned the SDAC & the 25th gathering, etc., BTW. (Also how CS wanted the Dodge/Chryslers included in the Team Shelby Club).

Hey Denny! Just saw your note on Team Shelby site. Looking forward to this!

I think I've even talked my Dad into attending (that way we can also bring the 64 1/2 Mustang...tough to drive two at once)!

168glhs1986
12-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Guessing we're gonna have a gathering point of some sort for the SDAC then? Latest Shelby mag mentioned the SDAC & the 25th gathering, etc., BTW. (Also how CS wanted the Dodge/Chryslers included in the Team Shelby Club !

No kidding. I need to read this. What month?

Wayne in NJ
12-16-2012, 06:19 PM

June 5-8

here's the link to the Team Shelby BB Announcement:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78258-1st-inaugural-team-shelby-grand-nationals/

(It was the SDAC 22nd gathering mentioned in the Team Shelby Mag...my bad...sorry)!

denviola
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
This is going to be similar to what happened in 2012 - it's part of the Carlisle Ford Show. Track days Thursday and Friday I believe, similar to what you visited. I'll definitely do this again!
Denny

88CSX-T
01-19-2013, 01:22 PM
It doesn't seem to me like a Dodge Shelby- friendly event. We Dodge Shelby owners might get beat up or laughed at :(

glhs0075
01-19-2013, 01:32 PM
It doesn't seem to me like a Dodge Shelby- friendly event. We Dodge Shelby owners might get beat up or laughed at :(
In my opinion, Team Shelby is supportive of Shelby Dodge. As far as getting beat up... I'd love to see those Ford guys try!
:D

Wayne in NJ
01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Registration IS open, BTW!

http://www.teamshelbynortheast.com/Team_Shelby_Grand_Nats_2013.html

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Here's a quote from the info page linked above: "We welcome all Shelby inspired and Ford cars, Bosses, Ford GT’s, Vipers, Shelby Dodge etc."

ATaylorRacing
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM

Waaaaay back when a SDAC 8? was held at Muncie dragway we invited the SAAC to race with us...none showed up. They invited us to Indy and I was there with my nitrous fed street driven GLH turbo (11.89 best on 150 hp of nitrous) and kept giving all of them head starts...even the AC Cobras and Shelby cars. They never told me the pay out and in the finals I got a bit over confident and let a guy around me at the finish line in a rented car! Needless to say...runner-up was...get this...ZERO! He took home all the cash. On the way down the return road Furd fans were throwing soda cans at me...none hitting. Oh well.

30 PSI SHADOW
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Very friendly event. Ask Denny. I spoke to the organizers last year about it and we were generously invited.
Honestly, a great way for Shelby auto to recognize us!!

Wayne in NJ
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Very friendly event. Ask Denny. I spoke to the organizers last year about it and we were generously invited.
Honestly, a great way for Shelby auto to recognize us!!

As I've ALSO posted, elsewhere, and in agreement with Bill, the Team Shelby NE guys, (of which i guess I'm one), are great! I won one of the top 10 in show @ the Shelby portion of Rocktoberfest, (which they hosted), last year.
4372643727 So, no need to fear! (Though, Underdog is NOT here)!
Doesn't mean there aren't some cranks in every bunch, of course.
Along THOSE lines, should have read the garbage I went thru on FB, recently with another Mustang owner giving me grief about me referring to my "early build '65", (pre-August '64), as a "'64 1/2 Mustang"...amazing what trivial things gets people going! (Yes, I forgot....'Don't feed the trolls').....

denviola
01-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Thoughts from last year - I started the event at Summit Point on Friday morning and particpated in the poker run to Carlisle and the Grand Entrance into the show field. It was the Ford Carlisle weekend and there were some cat calls as well as some admiration. I had the only Shelby Dodge driven to the event, with the other being the 1 of 1 Shelby Viper in the show building. There was an attempt to set a record for most Shelbys at one event, and I got a certified document showing I was #102 of 382 Shelbys present. The banquet was top notch with great food and drink, Steve Davis of Barrett-Jackson as the key speaker as well as others from Shelby history. Lots of goodies in the bag, worth much more than the entry, catered meals, live band entertanment and good people that did not treat me like I did not belong. There was no class for my car, so no award, and Carlisle tried to make me park with the early Mustangs. I enjoyed the weekend and made some new friends. Many people came up to me on Saturday's car show and told me about their Shelby Chargers or Daytonas. One gentleman with Ford logo clothing was telling me about a Shadow he used to autocross. Turned out to be the CFO of Ford SVO (thanks Brian for the info).

I would do this again in a heartbeat, BUT-
I'm buying a big expensive toy hauler so Deb and I can start traveling pre-retirement and take the Can-Am Spyder along. I have a couple of people wanting to buy my Harley, two more interested in my 87 GLHS project, and got an offer I can't refuse on the CSX. Looks like I'll be Shelby-less as soon as this week. Hope you all can particpate in this event, and don't let the cost scare you away. You get back the entry fee many times. I'll probably be there as a spectator as I'm local to Carlisle and will be looking forward to renewing friendships made last year and of course supporting the SD gang. Brian Sloat (Bris09) spent a lot of time with me on Saturday (and away from his own car in the Ford show) answering questions about Shelby Dodges as the CSX was a hit and drew a crowd wanting to know about the different Shelby or telling us about their used-to be SDs. If you saw my CSX at SDAC or Chryslers at Carlisle last year, the display I had showed the Shelby certificate, the special event stripes, the door decals and the cover page of the Carlisle newspaper showing my car at the event.

168glhs1986
01-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Thoughts from last year - I started the event at Summit Point on Friday morning and particpated in the poker run to Carlisle and the Grand Entrance into the show field. It was the Ford Carlisle weekend and there were some cat calls as well as some admiration. I had the only Shelby Dodge driven to the event, with the other being the 1 of 1 Shelby Viper in the show building. There was an attempt to set a record for most Shelbys at one event, and I got a certified document showing I was #102 of 382 Shelbys present. The banquet was top notch with great food and drink, Steve Davis of Barrett-Jackson as the key speaker as well as others from Shelby history. Lots of goodies in the bag, worth much more than the entry, catered meals, live band entertanment and good people that did not treat me like I did not belong. There was no class for my car, so no award, and Carlisle tried to make me park with the early Mustangs. I enjoyed the weekend and made some new friends. Many people came up to me on Saturday's car show and told me about their Shelby Chargers or Daytonas. One gentleman with Ford logo clothing was telling me about a Shadow he used to autocross. Turned out to be the CFO of Ford SVO (thanks Brian for the info).

I would do this again in a heartbeat, BUT-
I'm buying a big expensive toy hauler so Deb and I can start traveling pre-retirement and take the Can-Am Spyder along. I have a couple of people wanting to buy my Harley, two more interested in my 87 GLHS project, and got an offer I can't refuse on the CSX. Looks like I'll be Shelby-less as soon as this week. Hope you all can particpate in this event, and don't let the cost scare you away. You get back the entry fee many times. I'll probably be there as a spectator as I'm local to Carlisle and will be looking forward to renewing friendships made last year and of course supporting the SD gang. Brian Sloat (Bris09) spent a lot of time with me on Saturday (and away from his own car in the Ford show) answering questions about Shelby Dodges as the CSX was a hit and drew a crowd wanting to know about the different Shelby or telling us about their used-to be SDs. If you saw my CSX at SDAC or Chryslers at Carlisle last year, the display I had showed the Shelby certificate, the special event stripes, the door decals and the cover page of the Carlisle newspaper showing my car at the event.

Sell the truck and tow the csx.

denviola
01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Sell the truck and tow the csx.
Not buying a motorhome so I need the truck.
Thanks for the thought tho....

Wayne in NJ
06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Nope...I didn't get there....:(