PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know if the TC dash harness is the same as the Daytona or Lebaron?

BigAl
12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
My headlights crapped out today. I figured it was just the switch, so I bought a new one. When I took it apart, I found that the whole switch harness was completely melted. I am going to strip the dash and see if anything else is damaged first. If there is more damage, can I just swap in a Daytona or Lebaron dash harness?

cordes
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
The headlight switch was melted? I believe they use the same one. I would try to repair the harness at the connector, but that's me.

looneytuner
12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Do the TC headlights draw more power? Quite a few of the TC's have that problem.

supercrackerbox
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I had that issue on my '88 Daytona. I ended up repairing the wires. The problem is the the fact that all power for the lights is routed through the switch, which is another strong argument for doing the headlight relay mod.

GLHNSLHT2
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
+1 to relaying in the headlights, You'll be amazed at how much light you are loosing by not getting a full 13.5v to the headlights.

cordes
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
+1 to relaying in the headlights, You'll be amazed at how much light you are loosing by not getting a full 13.5v to the headlights.

You aren't kidding. I didn't realize it until after I had done some reading following my conversion to relays, but it's not a linear gain in output with voltage...

Reaper1
12-14-2012, 03:42 PM
+4 to the relay mod. The switch harness and such should be the same. I don't think the entire harness is this same, however. TC's are a pretty unique animal. I could be wrong on that, but because they were never able to have travelers and they had dual power seats, things like that, I think the actual complete harness is different.