PDA

View Full Version : Motion ratio

francois
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi,

Someone would know the motion ratio for the front and the back on a L-body?

I plan to order the GC coilover but I don't want to guess too much on the spring rate.
Someone asked me if I knew the M/R so the wheel rate could be calculated.

I am not a suspension eng. so anything that can help in my decision in the end would help.

Worst case, I'll keep you posted.

Tempted
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I swear I read "motion radio" and thought someone was trying to put one of those retarded GM systems that increase volume as the RPMs and speed increase in a turbo Dodge.

Sorry, I don't know the motion ratio.

shayne
12-11-2012, 02:14 AM
the motion ratio for the front should be the same as other turbo mopars, so turboshad s build thread should have it in there iirc within the first 4 pages, (when he swaps to a gc coilover setup) the rear could be figured out by using a vw forum for theirs, considering there seems to be a lot of similarity between the mk1 golf and the mopar l-body. also maybe pm a few guys running c/o's on their l-body's and get their impressions on their cars.

Reaper1
12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
L-body motion rations are different than K-based.

GLHNSLHT2
12-11-2012, 08:45 PM
350 front, 250 rear seems to be what a lot of people run on the lbodies. I've ridden in a 400lb 4-door lbody and it was WAY too stiff!

shayne
12-12-2012, 12:07 AM
^ so other than a lighter rear coil the front seems to be a similar weight to what the other k based guys like with coilovers, that tells me that the motion ratio is really similar, that and the fact that they share control arms, and caster and camber specs, the strut is canted at the same angle in, the strut is shorter by a bit, and the l-bodies are lighter by ~200-plus? pounds, but i dont see the ratio being too different.