PDA

View Full Version : Key Dinger Stuck on!

jefo
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Hey Guys,

My key dinger (at least I think thats what it is. Maybe the headlight dinger?) in my 1989 caravan turbo is stuck on and stays on when the car is parked and when I am driving. How do I fix this? Or disable it?

-Jefo

4 l-bodies
12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Unplug the yellow or green chime by the fuseblock until you can figure out why it's doing this. Putting that in my glovebox is first thing I do when I but a TD (lol).
Todd

shadow88
12-08-2012, 10:41 AM
It's probably caused by a faulty door switch. The driver's door has 2 switches in the door jamb, one turns on the dome light, the other does the dinger thing. IF you want to disable it for diagnostic purposes, remove and isolate the wire that plugs onto it. If the wire's not on it, it's probably grounded and completed the circuit causing the dinger to go non stop. Search for it and isolate it (wrap it in tape)

mock_glh
12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
The key dinger switch should have its own wire from the column that can be unplugged if that's the problem. The door switch also does the headlight alarm and of course the dome light so all of that stuff would be stuck on if that was it.