PDA

View Full Version : help finding basic manuals for a 86 shelby charger

12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
sorry if this looks or sounds ill informed.

recently obtained a 86 shelby charger. just like to find a basic repair manual to help me get started. been out of the car thing for a few years.
so any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 l-bodies
12-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Don't waste your time on Chiltons and Haynes manuals. You can get factory service manuals (FSM) for your year vehicle easily on ebay. i think FWD performance vendor has them too. Expect to pay 30-60 shipped for the set of three manuals. MP also made FWD HP books for like $15. All of them are worth every penny.
Todd

12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
thanks for the info

cordes
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Indeed. I wish I hadn't been too cheap to pick up the FSMs for so long. Worth every penny indeed.

12-09-2012, 11:17 PM
now where would i find replacement rear quarters besides a donor car for this 86 charger.
year one and other sources haven't been to much help.
and also some of the short hand lingo u guys use any easy way to get a hand guide to go along with that.
since i have been out of cars for a while and when i was doing work on the front wheel drive mopars most thought of them as disposable cars.
this was also back when tuner cars first became main stream.

cordes
12-09-2012, 11:42 PM
now where would i find replacement rear quarters besides a donor car for this 86 charger.
year one and other sources haven't been to much help.
and also some of the short hand lingo u guys use any easy way to get a hand guide to go along with that.
since i have been out of cars for a while and when i was doing work on the front wheel drive mopars most thought of them as disposable cars.
this was also back when tuner cars first became main stream.

I don't think we have any guide to our lingo on here. Just ask and we'll be more than happy to explain anything.

I'm unaware of any rear quarters being produced for any of our vehicles.

RoadWarrior222
12-10-2012, 07:35 AM
The TM Dictionary thread...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?5987-TM-Dictionary

In the old knowledge center was a cleaned up version of that, but I can't find it in the new one, must not have been ported over yet... or I suck at teh find.

RoadWarrior222
12-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Oh, another dictionary thread, thought I was involved in it...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?38456-acronyms/page2&highlight=abbreviations

12-10-2012, 01:43 PM
thank u guys for pointing some of that out. now i don't feel like such a nub.