PDA

View Full Version : 200sx vs Lebaron

dwh4784
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Last night as I'm headed to work at my 2nd job I had a riceboy pull up next to me in a 97ish Nissan 200sx. We are at a four lane intersection where after a quick chicane the left two lanes are turn only and the right two go straight into the highway. I was in the second from the right, he pulled up to my left and was revving his engine like crazy, letting the car roll back then jumping back up next to me. I knew he wanted to get ahead of me before the highway...

Now I'm thinking I may be in trouble because a couple weeks ago my T3 radiator cracked and I installed a new T1 radiator and have no intercooler hooked up running minimum boost. If the 200sx is a SE-R he might take me, oh well I'm going to try anyway. He must not know these lights are timed because he is just frantic waiting for the green. Finally the cross traffic gets the yellow light and I bring the revs up a bit, when it turns green I get a nice jump on him then bog...oops I'm used to a bit more tire spin than that! He pulls even until I spool and it's lights out, spinning into 2nd and zip through the turns and he's way back there by the time I let off coming up to the next light and he swerves over into the far right lane. Sadly I was stuck behind an El Camino at that point so didn't get to really let him have it on a straight stretch. And also at that point I noticed no SE-R badges so it was just a base. The dual fart cannon should have added a few ponies though!