PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 V6 Crank Scraper / Windage Tray

MC#4
11-10-2012, 07:50 PM
So this may not be news to the 3.0 guys that have been around for a while but I thought it was a cool find. I found these a little while back but I was dead broke and kinda forgot about it. Looks like a pretty sweet setup, although the price point is pretty high for how simple it seems. I sent them an email and they confirmed that it was made for our engines and was designed about 10 years ago. They don't have any in stock but are still willing to make them. Here's the email I sent and his response.

Hi there, I was browsing your website and noticed you have crank scrapers and windage trays available for the Mitsubishi/Chrysler 6G72. I was wondering if you have ever tested these for fit and function on the chrysler variant, particularly the 3.0L SOHC 12 valve 2 bolt block used in the 87-94 Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler cars? Do you have these items in stock now? Thank you.

Yes, those were the engines the pattern was first developed for ten years ago. I have attached a picture of a Styrene (painted) template bolted to a Chrysler 3.0.

The 2-bolt windage tray is designed to fit the earlier (3.0 Chrysler) girdle as well.

I would need to make the parts -- do you need them immediately?

Kind regards,

Kevin

Here's the attachment. 42353

I know these are common in drag racing applications, even "mild" big blocks only revving to 5500rpms are running windage trays / scrapers. I think there is potential for gain on our motors, particularly higher revving 3.0's

Has anyone ever run anything like this on a SOHC 3.0? Any thoughts?

Link to website... http://www.crank-scrapers.com/Chrysler_v6_6g72.html

paduster
11-10-2012, 11:39 PM
looks like you would be able to make them fairly easy so i wouldnt buiy them i would build them but only when i would be building a motor for high horsepower mild build would be nice but i doubt i would do it for it but either way nice to see things like this

Ondonti
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Never seen anyone use it before but it sure has been around for a long time. Not sure how to seal the oil pan around the crankshaft when you add that thickness everywhere else.
I know oil control is important but I don't know how close things need to be (scraper to rods/crank) to actually get noticeable improvements. Scared to try something when I don't know how to prove it worthwhile.