PDA

View Full Version : Omni vs G8

roachjuice
11-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok so I'm out last weekend with the race car (now named the honey badger locally lol) and this guy is kinda ragging on the Omni. Saying ---- like "I can destroy that car blah blah blah" so I pull next to him doing 30 or so down a street and he just takes off and so I bite, and lag, and he doesn't pull me. He let's out like right when I get into third. So I tell him let's go to the highway from 40. He makes these excuses like "well why do we have to go from where you think you would beat me?" I say "fine lets Do a dig" he turned that down (I dont know what it is about people not wanting to run it from a dig. They have the upper hand!) so he comes back saying 60 roll. Lolz. Really. Are we driving 1000hp supras here? So we agree on a 40 roll after me telling him he is backing down from a 1985 dodge Omni. Video speaks for it self. Yes I know I had the hit. He waved me on. I waited for him to honk. He never did. I was brake boosting and wasnt about to keep brake boosting. Running 20psi. Topped out 3rd and missed 4th. Just coasted the rest of the way and put it in 5th and let him by lol. I wanted to run him again and he would never pull up next to me. So I went home after that and everyone went back to the spot and they said he destroyed me. Friend said They all laughed at him and called his bs. I'll see him again and get a better run with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzFhVyYYXXg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Force Fed Mopar
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah I get the same in the Lebaron, guy had a turbo Camaro and still wouldn't run from a dig, wanted a 60 roll lol.

Johnny
11-08-2012, 09:33 AM
run from a dig?????????????? Whats that?

Force Fed Mopar
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
run from a dig?????????????? Whats that?

It's where someone picks up a posthole digger and you run away as fast as you can :D

black86glhs
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
It's where someone picks up a posthole digger and you run away as fast as you can :DThat was a long way to go.....LOL. Johnny, it is starting from a dead stop instead of always from a roll.

Johnny
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Thank ya, never heard the term.

roachjuice
11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Thank ya, never heard the term.

Suthern thang. Lol. Yea it's a dead stop race.

Johnny
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Dead in Grave? :)

Rrider
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Would think the RWD guys would love going from a dig.

Reaper1
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
I used to get the same thing all the time...nobody wanted to run from a dig. I never understood why. If they were RWD they had the advantage. IF they were FWD, then I suppose maybe they were afraid of how crappy a driver they really were! LOL

roachjuice
11-09-2012, 12:03 AM

Especially when they are an auto!!!

Force Fed Mopar
11-09-2012, 08:48 AM

One would think...