PDA

View Full Version : Rad flush

LeBaronMike
11-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Quick question. I flushed my coolant system and when I pulled the drain plug out of the radiator barely anything came out... There was still lots in the lower rad hose but not much in the rad. Any reason for this?

turbovanmanČ
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Quick question. I flushed my coolant system and when I pulled the drain plug out of the radiator barely anything came out... There was still lots in the lower rad hose but not much in the rad. Any reason for this?

Yep, the rad holds about 1-2 litres, the rest is in the engine. Pull off the lower rad hose and heater hoses at the waterpump outlet, you'll get most of it out that way.

LeBaronMike
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes i know that, I have done plenty rad flushes in my day haha. Only thing weird is that this time barely anything came out of the radiator. Like probably 1/4L Just wondering if that means its getting blocked somewhere?

turbovanmanČ
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes i know that, I have done plenty rad flushes in my day haha. Only thing weird is that this time barely anything came out of the radiator. Like probably 1/4L Just wondering if that means its getting blocked somewhere?

Its possible, or maybe it wasn't full or the drain is plugged.