PDA

View Full Version : My DIY catch can... SDAC-22 style..

22shelby
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
so cleanin the TB i noticed my tb is coated in oil... had good luck on my last 2.5L with my breather set up but seems this one spits more oil... ok.. catch can time

looking around to see what i had laying around to catch oil, i found the killer BoostButton water bottle that were given in the goodie bag at 22... PERFECT!!! im hoping the plastic will hold up for a bit with the oily conditions... but eh well see...

using some stuff laying around and some Race Depot parts i made a catch can that cost me a total of $7.00!!!

first i had a little breather filter from my last set up, i popped the rubber grommet out of it so it just a metal base... on the lid of the water bottle had a plastic cap with a rubber mouth piece... just grabbed that and yanked it out... i fixed the breather filter to the top of cap

went to race depot and picked up 2 black "Shark Bite" 90 degree 3/4" barb fittings... i also had some 3/8" PVC pipe... i cut 3" of the PVC pipe, drilled out one end of the fitting to fit the 3/" PVC pipe inside...

this will be you IN.... the other 90 adjacent will be you OUT to air filter/box...

drilled 2 holes in the bottle and entrusted good ole JB to hold the fitting from the inside of the bottle sticking out...

ran a hose directly from VC port to the IN of the can, the hose from the OUT to the air filter inlet...

ShelGame
11-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Sweet! I have a bunch of these left over, maybe I should convert them...

22shelby
11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
im curious as to how well the plastic will hold up with the heat and oil... we shall find out!!!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

im going to wind up putting a clear tube level indicator on it...

shadow88
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I've used a gatorade bottle for a while and it hardened up a bit, but never cracked or leaked.

BadAssPerformance
11-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Plastic shoudl do just fine... My Shadow has a sports bottle for rad overflow for years and a powerade bottle for PVC catch can.

shadow88
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Great minds.... And for a change, I beat ya.