PDA

View Full Version : just posted a vid of my car

5sp. mini
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
i had my kids help me post a vid. of my daytona the first part is the scanner showing map volt tps. sec. part is ubder the hood the ildle screw is turn in some hopeing it woung ildle high name is alan shiplett[junk] or utube under DAYTONA NEED HELP hope you guys can help me out.

cordes
10-25-2012, 07:56 PM
If you go to youtube where your video plays, then copy and paste the link from the address bar in a post I can get the video going for you. I could not find the video on youtube though.

5sp. mini
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbKQxPdtIE&feature=plcp

cordes
10-25-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbKQxPdtIE&feature=plcp

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Codes?

What have you done to it recently? It sounds terrible, but it could just be the sound on your camera. What kind of exhaust is on there? It sounds like there isn't much of anything or the timing is way off for the turbo to be that loud IMO.

speedfreek500
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Sounds like it running on 2 cyl, As cordes asked what did you do to before it ran this way?

85boostbox
10-26-2012, 12:46 AM
+1 on what have you done. I would almost put money on the HEP. But more diagnostics is a must first.

boboli
10-26-2012, 02:27 AM
He has done just about everything because this is the 4th or 5th post. Something isn't right. Your sensors seem fine on your scanner. It cranks easily but maybe the cam's 180* off. Did you ever do a compression test? Maybe down on cylinders. Did you test to see if your injectors fire? Have you tested the fuel system pressure by jumping the obd tester and seeing if fuel pressure holds steady. Have you tried running it by spraying CARB cleaner in it

5sp. mini
10-26-2012, 06:07 AM
i,ve been trying to fine out why it keep shutting off after it starts i,v tryed 2 diferant heps has new fuel pump 55psi at rail good cap and rotor no exht stright pipe will get exth when it will run to exth shop till then little load,has new plugs i have reset timeing and when it start it only run on high ildel for a minite then shut off i,m sure i,ve got timing on but willrecheck to day no codes starts ok but then act like it runnes out of gas. motor is close to beening rebuild.had inj out and put a set of used ones in when i cranked it over to see if they spray good to go. has a 85 g head motor

5sp. mini
10-27-2012, 06:56 AM
well i used some white out and marked my timing marks, but still ran the same.chuck bigpsi said we will tow it over to ohiorob and have him take a look.

cordes
10-27-2012, 11:35 AM
You are unplugging the coolant temp sensor while setting timing correct?

22shelby
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
sounds to me the fireing order is wrong or the dist is 180 out.... i know this from exp... i "accidently" crossed 2 and 3... sounded just like this...

5sp. mini
10-27-2012, 08:11 PM
i rest timing and still only runs feww sec. does not run long enough to set with light firering order is right might be hard to hear but when it runs seem fine but just cut out or when you give it gas

cordes
10-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Looking at the very basics, you need fuel, air, spark, and compression for it to run. If it'll run for a few seconds it probably has enough air and compression.

Have you tried running a jumper wire from the battery to the coil with a FP gauge on it to make sure it'll make enough FP for more than a few seconds?

5sp. mini
10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
i will have to go pick up the fuel presser gage and see when i first tested it. was 55 psi will check it again the scanner showed the asd relay was staying on when it dies will try the wire from battery where do i putt it + side of coil

shackwrrr
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes + side of coil.