PDA

View Full Version : Who does head porting?

1BADVAN
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I know Menegon does it and is one of the best but i can't afford him. I know Tvanlant quoted me about $650 for a +1 ported head. But i also heard he no longer does heads. Anyone else do port work for around $600?

turbovanmanČ
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
My guy, PM what you want and we can chat. He has a flow bench that can push air as well as suck. Tyler is still doing them I believe.

GLHNSLHT2
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Not as of a couple months ago when my friend tried to get in contact with Tyler. Tyler shot a PM or email back saying he wasn't doing them anymore. We went with Steve. And the price difference is about $50 for what Steve is doing and basically the same thing tyler did for me. For the extra $50 Steve has put a lot more time and mods into the head far beyond just porting the runners and chambers than what tyler did.

1BADVAN
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Not as of a couple months ago when my friend tried to get in contact with Tyler. Tyler shot a PM or email back saying he wasn't doing them anymore. We went with Steve. And the price difference is about $50 for what Steve is doing and basically the same thing tyler did for me. For the extra $50 Steve has put a lot more time and mods into the head far beyond just porting the runners and chambers than what tyler did.

Good to know Steve actually Pm'd me saying he does more affordable things too. I will see what there is out there

GLHNSLHT2
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
We're still spending $1300ish on a head but it's going to be one bad a$$ mofo. 2.5 in a van with a 7200rpm rev limiter :) The stock T2 turbo will probably make boost at idle

black86glhs
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I port them. Although I haven't figured out a way around the coolant passages yet......any ideas?

RoadWarrior222
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Well if you build up before you break through I'd think you "only" need to make a big puddle on the back with a 4043 reverse polarity DC arc sticks. Tryna patch up after would take a bit more finesse with 'em.