PDA

View Full Version : The Tool Shed went out again.

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Much better tonight, got 6 runs in, last week, only 3, I could have run 2 more but read on and see why.

Got there, rushed around, got the race fuel in and had time to rip to the staging lanes, I was the last one, ran a 14.0@98 mph, race fuel didn't have time to mix and it was FAT, 25 psi, 2.1 60ft.

Take out some fuel, and off I go, rip off a 13.9@98.80 mph and a 2.2 60ft. Track isn't sticky tonight, still rich.

Take out some fuel and back I go, 13.7@99.46 mph, 2.1 60ft and now she's lean, grrrrrrrrr.

Add some more fuel and add a rock to my MBC to bump up the boost, stage and something doesn't feel right, it barely did a burn out. Launch and its gutless, look at my boost guage, 8 psi, :eek:, run a screaming 16.5@78 mph.

Go back and fix it, so I thought, another screamer, literally same time.

Go back and remove rock, stretch spring and go back, run and she's pulling, don't notice how much boost but she pings then a pop, look at the boost, oops, 35 psi. Ended up blowing the head gasket at #1 cylinder.

Guess its time to rering and get rid of the Total Seal rings and get a Super50 compressor wheel, :thumb: I NEED to get the alky system working, the mixing of race fuel and pump gas is holding me back.

Time is running out to run 12's, don't think I am going to do it this year, :( :( :( :(

DeckSetter
08-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey at least you didn't crack your head......

If your boost controller needs a new spring, check out www.voodooboost.com - You can get rebuild kits for them with a new spring and ball. Most of their boost controllers guarantee you can run 30+psi, but one of the kits has a 10-50psi spring. No more rock in the boost controller! Sometimes they list stuff on ebay cheaper too.

Mike_Shepard
08-12-2006, 11:30 AM
sorry about your luck simon Im glad to hear nothing Major went wrong

unluckyty
08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Simon,
Sorry for your bad luck at the track, seems to be turbo mopar curse.

Fixed my problem:D , go to the track, 2nd run my main brass elbow for the vacuum block breaks off:(

We'll achieve our goals eventually.

boost geek
08-12-2006, 12:03 PM
99.4 mph! 35 psi and only blew the h.g! Wow! Did you drive home? I drove to Chilliwack from Mission with a blown h.g., but what a trail of smoke I left behind, had to stop and add water a couple times. If your almost at 100 mph, 12 are very close, just hook up and your there!!!:thumb:
If you upgrade your turbo, remember little ol' me!;)

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I bought an electric boost controller off Ebay, tired of playing with the MBC, now I can control it from the ----pit. It probably wont' get here in time for any runs.

I wouldn't say its bad luck, just me being super aggressive, lol!

Dick, I had it towed to my shop, guess its time to invest in BCAA. Water was pouring in soo fast, I wouldn't have made it, shop is 40 mins away.

Ubmbass
08-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Congrats simon, Don't give up, seems like you and I are the only 2 racing minivans this year. I have a little story to tell of my own about my runs last night.

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2006, 01:59 PM
PM me, spill your guts, ;) :thumb:

Ubmbass
08-12-2006, 03:26 PM
posted it already haha

turbovanmanČ
08-12-2006, 04:22 PM
posted it already haha

Saw and posted! :D