PDA

View Full Version : TIII valve train tick

lancerman23
09-27-2012, 11:00 AM
i know this may be and over-posted issue, i'm sorry i was up late doing a search for fixes or even if it's a major problem for these motors.. i just got done putting new bearings in the bottom end, fuel pump, New FWD lifters, coolant lines, vacuum lines etc.. she started right up!! hurray for that. but now has a fairly loud tick, it's been over a year since she's ran, and i dont remember if it's normal, smothes out with higher RPM, doesnt ever go away i that i can hear.. anyway i made a video of it idleing and you can hear the tick clearly.

if you look up on youtube, under valve train tick, you'll see the T3 motor.. if some one would watch it/ listen and let me know if it's normal or not that would be so very helpful.

thanks. :p

here's the youtube link, i dont know if it works,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xV8Bg1BJ40

CNH320
09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I remember it taking a few 100 miles before my brand new FWD lifters quieted up. They were noisy at first. Put some miles on it.

lancerman23
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Sounds good! Will do thanks.

glhs727
09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
yea, it usually takes about 20 minutes of driving to get them to quiet down. Mine tick at start up if I let the car for months, but quiet afetr a quick ride to the gas station and back

lancerman23
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
good to hear! thought i screwed something up.. i'll repost after friday, one last part and it'll be road worthy

turbovanmanČ
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Love that sound, NOT! :banghead:

Stock cams? If its still there after a good drive, it could be your missing the little disc, you have dirt in the lifter, you might have put the shafts in the wrong way or simply a bad lifter or 2.

lancerman23
09-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Love that sound, NOT! :banghead:

Stock cams? If its still there after a good drive, it could be your missing the little disc, you have dirt in the lifter, you might have put the shafts in the wrong way or simply a bad lifter or 2.

yes it has the stock cams, i double checked when i was putting the lifters in that all of them had those little disc's in there.. if the lifters are bad, are they warrantied by cindy? does anybody know.?

Kryp2nitE
09-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Normal sounds reporting in too, Drove it a couple miles after calling jackson to make sure the sound wasn't something I screwed up on. Then it went away.