PDA

View Full Version : This sucks

CSX321
08-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I hit a deer. Estimate says $4,076 in damage. :mad: The only good thing is I guess it's carbon fiber hood time. Cheaper than an OEM replacement. Hey, Dave, maybe you can send me that blue hood. :D

http://webpages.charter.net/jdavidreynolds/images/thissucks.jpg

CSX321
08-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Your post seems to have disappeared, Steve, but you're right, it wasn't likely to happen in Texas! I even thought that myself at one point. :)

Frank
08-12-2006, 05:59 PM
He deleted the post. Sucks dude, but us Mopar guys are lucky... alot of other cars that hit a deer are alot worse off.

Frank

CSX321
08-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I was glad it didn't come through the windshield. In fact what happened was that it *popped* straight up in the air what seemed like 20 feet! It must have been 3 seconds (of me wondering if it was going to come down right on top of me) before it landed about 10 feet in front and 10 feet to the left of me. I'm sure I was going at least 45 when I hit it. It looked *huge* in the headlights :), but my dad saw it later and thought it was probably a yearling, maybe 80 lbs.

GLHS592
08-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Must have been a small deer. My parents hit a large dog in their '02 Neon and it looked worse than that. :lol:

ShelbyMotorsports
08-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Your post seems to have disappeared, Steve, but you're right, it wasn't likely to happen in Texas! I even thought that myself at one point. :)

My post was meant to be a joke but I had second thoughts that some would not think so.

Hey if it happened in Texas it would have been a steer and no one would be able to recognize what kind of car you were driving.

Looks like an easy fix and I'm guessing it's still driveable.

Steve

CSX321
08-12-2006, 10:00 PM
The worst part is the upper core support is all bent up, so it's going to have to be cut out and replaced. It's still drivable, barely. Some stuff got pushed to within about 1/4" of the A/C belt. Kind of like an L-body. :D

I told one of my daughters that if it was in Texas it would have been an armadillo.

bill2
08-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Ouch, sorry to see that Dave.

mcsvt
08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Ouch, poor SRT-4 :(

Glad your ok :thumb: Could have been much worse if it didn't poop up in the air.

BadAssPerformance
08-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Ouch! Sorry to see that, glad you are ok.

I had the same thought about the blue hood ;)

CSX321
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Could have been much worse if it didn't poop up in the air.
Could have been messy if it did poop up in the air. ;) If I was the deer staring into the oncoming headlights, I would have done it before I was in the air.

My dad said the deer was probably standing there thinking, "Is that really an SRT4, or just a regular Neon with the SRT Design package? WHAP! :yuck: :angel: It was an SRT4." We don't have many SRT4s around here. Only 2 others that I know of within about a 30 mile radius, both female owners.

Turbodave
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Those deer can do some damage, I hit an 8 point buck a couple years ago with my Ram and did about 6k in damage. Set off my airbag, popped the radiator, core support, front bumper, hood, right fender, right lights and and few other related components.

Dave the hood should be on the way to you, I was at the store the other day and saw a truck with IL plates on it and so I put it in the back. I'm sure the guy will drop it off at your place...lol...

CSX321
08-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Dave the hood should be on the way to you, I was at the store the other day and saw a truck with IL plates on it and so I put it in the back. I'm sure the guy will drop it off at your place...lol...
:lol: :lol: :lol: That really made me LOL.

cordes
08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
That is one thing that I am really worried about now that I have moved to IL. I am glad that your ride will be relativly easy to repair. I know my omni would have a rough go of it should I hit a deer on the way back from grandma's place.

contraption22
08-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Ouch Dave. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I'm glad you came out unscathed. It could have been much much worse.