PDA

View Full Version : '26 Ford Roadster with 1955 291CI Desoto Hemi

ShadowBrad
09-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Check out the new toy that I get to work on. My brother traded a motorcycle for this roadster and he has brought it to me to whip the steering and the wiring all into shape, build a set of headers, and install the fuel cell in the trunk. I also have to build an intake manifold for it so we can install the small super-charger he has for the engine. It needs a ton of work, but I have about 6 months to take care of the mechanical stuff, then my brother is going to do the body work. He is paying for all the parts I need to do the work, but the reward for my labor is a _RUNNING_ 1954 276CI Desoto Hemi engine to use however I want. The only bad part about these engines is that the bore-spacing is smaller than the Gen-1 Chrysler hemis so the aluminum heads from "Hot Heads" won't fit our engines. The stockers will be ported and polished and we should have some strong running engines, besides, who really cares, because in the end, it's still a freaking hemi!

ShadowFromHell
09-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Very odd wheel tire setup, 50's trad in the front and 80's in the back! Please tell me the vinyl top is gonna go....

Head over to JalopyJournal.com and try not to get sucked in. ALOT of info over there, just keep the posts traditional or be prepared to be flamed!