PDA

View Full Version : Vigo just for you, MORE mph. :O)

turbovanmanČ
09-22-2012, 03:00 AM
So tonight was my tentative last night, I replaced a loose u-joint and outer cv joint last night and put a RMVB in but took it back out as it would lock up in 3rd. This week has been nothing but bad luck for our family so I guess why would today be any different. Got out of work early and into the worst traffic I've seen all summer, took me 45-50 mins to get home, usually 30mins. Pick up my stuff at home and my daughter, get almost there and Shayne calls, someone oiled the track, its going to be awhile, :banghead:

Get there, tech, weather is iffy, it actually rained earlier, but take a gamble, go thru tech and add 5 gallons of C12 to my empty gas tank, also have a mix of methanol and water 70/30. So we wait, and wait, and wait, track is cleaned up but its so bad we are only using one lane, :censored:

Finally get a run in at 8:08, but my idle isn't right, I can hear a miss but its really faint but good vacuum so I run anyhow. Do a nice burnout but again, won't build boost at the line, stage, try to build boost, leave at 8 psi, :mad: she builds boost and takes off, 22 psi-I turned it up, no knock and she's pulling like a friggin freight train, pulls to 6300 and shifts into 3rd, she was feeling good barring the crappy launch.

Get my time slip, 2.34 60 ft, and a 14.2@98.86 mph, almost 99 mph, :partywoot: but alas my night was over, it had a distinctive miss at idle. Changed my plugs which looked fine, looked in the bores and looked ok, no excessive blowby and good vacuum but it was still there so I watched with Boost Geek and Shayne. BG is doing great, watching he got the bug again, :thumb:

I was pitted next to a 89 TA with 383 stroker and twin 60-1 turbo's, 6 speed and drag radials, first run he did a 15.8@127 mph, 2nd run did a better 11.?@115 I believe.

Van had a ton of traffic and tonight everyone asked what I was using for engine management, told them our deal and they were so jealous, :clap:

So I'll check her out tomorrow and hopefully its just an injector. Probably my last race of the year, :mecry: was so hoping to hit 12's again.

Vigo
09-22-2012, 08:40 AM
So did you change anything besides the boost? I thought you said somewhere that you found something that may have been an issue but you didnt say what it was.

99 sounds a lot better! Whats the elevation where you run?

GLHNSLHT2
09-22-2012, 10:29 AM
mission is practically sea level.

turbovanmanČ
09-22-2012, 12:46 PM
So did you change anything besides the boost? I thought you said somewhere that you found something that may have been an issue but you didnt say what it was.

99 sounds a lot better! Whats the elevation where you run?

The other day I replaced my SDS sensor and I thought maybe my air intake connector was getting sucked closed? so I put the expansion rings on the inside. At the track, boost and race fuel.

Yep, sea level. Weather was perfect too. :mecry:

shayne
09-22-2012, 01:20 PM
trans am ran a 11.89 at 135mph

1BADVAN
09-23-2012, 12:39 AM
What boost do you usually launch at? With what 60'? I can only leave at 2-4 psi (traction limited) but i get 2.0-2.1 60' times.

turbovanmanČ
09-23-2012, 12:47 AM
What boost do you usually launch at? With what 60'? I can only leave at 2-4 psi (traction limited) but i get 2.0-2.1 60' times.

With the GT35R and the 50 trim I used to run, I need 15+ psi to cut 1.9 times, which the last couple of weekends, I could build up 15 lbs no problem. The converter is going out so its going back for warranty very soon.

moparman76_69
09-23-2012, 08:29 AM
I was pulling 2.3-2.4 60 ft times launching with no boost on the five speed.

turbovanmanČ
09-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I was pulling 2.3-2.4 60 ft times launching with no boost on the five speed.

That's the same as me, if I don't launch with enough, I cut those 60 ft's.