PDA

View Full Version : General: When buying parts, use Paypal or go in person!

turbovanmanČ
09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
I know common sense sometimes prevails but guys, don't use chq's, MO's etc unless you know the person or he's a vendor or long time member/poster, its too easy to send the above and they keep it then you either never get your parts or you get crap or broken parts. Sure Paypal has its disadvantages sometimes but 99% of the time, its safer.

HoverFish
09-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Agreed. I've been burned in the past with a MO... I sent the money, never got my stuff, had zero recourse.

shelbycsx4me
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I did a basic inquiry about ol-blu from another member who sold parts to him.
He's good at spending other peoples money apparently. He stated the
daughter was in the hospital and I was willing to standby for a while, but with
no reply or updates I figured I'm out of my cash by now.
SK

turbovanmanČ
09-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Your story is why I posted it here but it happens too much. I really hope you get your stuff.

tryingbe
09-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Don't fall for the hospital line. Most hospital have postal office, he can send the check/mo right back.

Do you have sent record? If so, contact the local police department.

RoadWarrior222
09-19-2012, 09:45 AM
This is why I don't like selling online either, my family is fugging disaster prone, and they manage to save them up until I've got time sensitive duties/jobs. :banghead:

I think it's a law of attraction thing, they're like "OMG RW said he isn't available for a couple of days, something is gonna go wrong... "

turbovanmanČ
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
This is why I don't like selling online either, my family is fugging disaster prone, and they manage to save them up until I've got time sensitive duties/jobs. :banghead:

I think it's a law of attraction thing, they're like "OMG RW said he isn't available for a couple of days, something is gonna go wrong... "

Are you human? :confused:

shelbycsx4me
09-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks Guys.
I have a copy of the endorsed money order and a timeline of events.
I'm just waiting for things to fall into place now.