PDA

View Full Version : L Body Line Lock

snattsas
08-11-2006, 07:57 AM
What do most people do for a line lock on the L body brakes? I'm new to drag racing and when staging with my 5 speed I'm running out of hands and feet.

4SFEDRT
08-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Thankfully, our cars were designed for drag racing and doing huge burnouts from the factory, most came with linelocks from the factory. Though they were disguised as "Emergency Brakes". Does yours not work or something??
-Jerry

slasky
08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Thankfully, our cars were designed for drag racing and doing huge burnouts from the factory, most came with linelocks from the factory. Though they were disguised as "Emergency Brakes". Does yours not work or something??
-Jerry

It takes a lot longer to release an ebrake that a line lock button.

4SFEDRT
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
On my spirit I just lift the lever, and pop..goes the ebrake. Is there an advantage to being able to let it go in the blink of an eye?
-Jerry

slasky
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
On my spirit I just lift the lever, and pop..goes the ebrake. Is there an advantage to being able to let it go in the blink of an eye?
-Jerry

A quicker reaction time at the light.

Bardo
08-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Thankfully, our cars were designed for drag racing and doing huge burnouts from the factory, most came with linelocks from the factory. Though they were disguised as "Emergency Brakes".you know not all cars came with from the factory. take the daytona :)

4SFEDRT
08-18-2006, 12:34 AM
OK I didnt realize he meant he wanted a line lock for staging. Ive never considered launching like that though I know it will build boost and make for a quicker launch, provided there is traction. My buddies do this with their 4X4 cummins diesels, launch at 15-20 psi of boost. I knew the Daytona had the lever style brake, but I didnt realize until now why he would want the fast reaction time of a line lock. I appologize for being a smart ---. Ok to answer the original question, wouldnt you just cut the hardlines, flare the ends with some fittings and stick in a couple linelock silinoids (one for each side)?
-Jerry

WVRampage
08-18-2006, 01:12 AM
I also would like to know if the 2 solonids are the right way to do this as I have a rampage with rear disks and the parking brake doesnt hook up right.

snattsas
08-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I guess I should have rephrased my question. Is two solenoids the best way to put line lock on an L body? What's your opinion?

mcsvt
08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
I would think that would be the easiest way for most cars.
Press brakes, engage solenoids by button, get ready to launch, release button for take off.

WVRampage
08-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I would think that would be the easiest way for most cars.
Press brakes, engage solenoids by button, get ready to launch, release button for take off.

That sounds about right.