PDA

View Full Version : Parting 89 TII Lebaron Convert

blk86trbo
01-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Bought a wrecked and rusty Lebaron.

Parts that I need from it include the engine, wiring harness, wheels...probably the springs and radio/CD too.

Everything else is up for grabs. Four wheel discs. It has a gray leather interior...I don't believe there are any cracks or splits, but the drivers side bolster is wearing thin. Door panels look very nice. It has a digital climate control switch...never seen one of those before.

555 tranny seems fine...the car was driven 30 miles to my house.

PM me for more info...I can send pics if you provide me with your email addy.

I'm located an hour southwest of Chicago.

Thanks,

Paul

J&H Ryan
01-05-2006, 10:46 PM
What condition is the Rad/IC? Looking for something that isn't needing a recore or anything.

R/T
01-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Could I get a pic of the driver's seat??

racintracy@hotmail.com

John B
01-09-2006, 01:35 PM
PM sent:)

BIGBRUDDA
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Hows the top? Send pics here ,if ya gotem. gpz_83@yahoo.com

zshadow
01-10-2006, 02:32 PM
the t2 came with the garett turbo, that has a 2.5 swingvalve. would u be willing to part that?

let me know

blk86trbo
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry I've missed your posts in the last few days fellas...I was watching for PM's, but hadn't checked the thread.

Ryan, I intend to keep the rad/int for my van. I apologize for neglecting to list that as spoken for.

The top is repaired, and badly at that.

I also need to keep the complete engine, including the turbo.

Here's a couple pics, including an interior shot for Tracy.

Thanks,

Paul

midohiomoparsource
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Is the frame bent on the car? How bad is the rust?
I sent a pm.

WickedShelby88
01-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey Paul how are the rear discs I could use a pair. Also how much would you need for them?

Thanks, Joseph

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Paul,

How many miles on it, and how much for the A555? I need to keep my collection growing.

.. and shame on you for not posting this to the SDAC-Chicago mailing list first! ;)

p.s. gonna be at the meeting tonight? I'll bring your a-pillar pods...

The S is Silent
01-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll give you $50 for the engine wiring harness?

Dodge Aries K
01-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I would like to buy the shifter plate that's on the center console. :)

WickedShelby88
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Lol I was thinking of you needing one of those Mr Aries. Looks like you found it.

Dodge Aries K
01-20-2006, 10:44 PM
All depends. There may be a buyer for the whole car shell (and interior).

blk86trbo
01-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, thanks for inquiring. Please PM me if you have questions. I haven't been able to check the list daily, but I have access to my email (which lets me know if I have a PM).

Matt, sorry, but as I stated above, I need to keep the engine wiring harness.

JT, I sent you a reply.

Joseph, I may have the shell sold. The car is sitting in the grass, and the ground needs to either freeze or dry out before I can move it. When I can move it, I'm gonna get it in the air and take some pics of the underneath for the gentleman interested in the shell. If the floor looks ok, he'll be taking the rolling body and the complete interior. If the floors don't look ok, the rear brakes are yours...cheap if you want to come pull them.

Thanks again,

Paul

The S is Silent
01-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Matt, sorry, but as I stated above, I need to keep the engine wiring harness.

Sorry, I just re-read it. It's ok though...I already found 2.

blk86trbo
03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Gonna start tearing this apart tomorrow. My plans are to get the engine bay stripped. Most of which is spoken for in previous posts, but there are a lot of good parts still available on the rest of the car.

The gray covering in the trunk looks nice...even the formed cover that fits over the spare. All the plugs and fasteners that hold it in place are present...I'd hate to see it go to the yard...would be perfect for someone that needs a more presentable example.

The trunk lid is in nice shape. No rust visible...I may have to remove a plastic insert from the luggage rack to use on my VNT GTC, but I'd like to find the lid a good home.

Seats are decent...no rips or tears, but some stains and wear marks on the driver's seat. Leather door panels would clean up really nice! Gauge panel, boost gauge, trip computer all function.

Has a super cool digital A/C temp/fan control...works exactly as it should...not sure if I want to sell that yet, but I'm gonna post some pics.

I'm open to all fair offers...people willing to come and remove the parts themselves will get stuff for practically free...if I have to remove it myself, it will be at my convenience and I'll have to charge for my time invested.

Any questions or offers will be answered in order recieved as early as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

blk86trbo
03-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Spent some time this morning tearing into her...man I almost feel guilty! This was one helluva car when it was new! Not to mention how rare it is...the only consoling factor is the rust and collision damage.

Here's some pics. The trunk lid is perfect under the lip! And the trunk covering looks nice.

Please guys, someone come grab some parts off this...even if you have to drive 5 hours one way to grab some stuff, I promise the price is gonna be right!

Paul

Tony Fields
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I would like to have had this car when it was new also. I'm a little curious about the grille. If this was a GTC TII, I'm thinking the grille should have
been body color. Also did the door trim have and script? Can't tell from the pics.

just curious,
Tony

blk86trbo
03-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah Tony, I'm not sure if the 89's grills were body color or not. I'm thinking that maybe they started that in 90, but am not sure. It's very possible that it's non-original.

Don't have a good pic on hand of the moulding, but I think it's black with the words "TURBO GTC" in gray.

Tony Fields
03-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Yeah Tony, I'm not sure if the 89's grills were body color or not. I'm thinking that maybe they started that in 90, but am not sure. It's very possible that it's non-original.

Don't have a good pic on hand of the moulding, but I think it's black with the words "TURBO GTC" in gray.

'89 GTC's grille would have been body color....may have been changed...wreck....per.pref.......who knows

"Turbo GTC" would be correct on the door moulding

This would have been a great car!

Tony

midohiomoparsource
03-03-2006, 08:20 PM
I agree, what a shame to see such a cool, rare car get parted. I was going to buy it, but the bottom is rotted away. If it was descent, I have a TII GTC coupe with a good motor and everything else that I could have put in this. Oh well, I will find a TII convertible someday.

Matt

blk86trbo
03-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah Matt, I wish you could have saved this car, but I don't think you wanted to mess with it. Do you still want the fender tag? I never did recieve your SASE.

Here's a pic of just part of the rust. That in itself wouldn't be impossible to work with, but the fact that the frame is bent probably is the finishing blow. A hemi 'Cuda? Then hell yes...but a GTC, sadly no.

Also a pic of the side molding for Tony.

How efficient do you think the intercooler was with it all caked up???

And a pic of the driver's side mirror for the fella that was interested (it appears to have been tweaked a little, please PM me with your decision).

daytonachad
03-04-2006, 08:32 PM
What would you want for the drivers door moulding (TURBO GTC) and the moulding on the rear of the front fender.
Is the Power antenna any good?
I need them for my 89 T2 GTC convertible.
Thanks
Chad

daytonachad
03-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I've had 2 89 GTC convetibles now, the 89 GTC DID came standard with the painted grille. Same with the digital HVAC controls.
I'll take another look at my car to see if theres anything else I could use.
Thanks
Chad

yogurt_slinger
03-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Just got back from Pauls place. I've seen the gtc and except for the top, the car is really nice.. Too bad the frame is FUBARd cause it woulda been a nice car to put back on the road.:nod:

blk86trbo
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Bryan, it was great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by. Any problems getting the hood home?

Chad, figure out what you need/want, and PM me an offer. BTW, the antennae is broke.

Thanks,

Paul

yogurt_slinger
03-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Paul, it was great meeting you to. The hood is PERFECT, thanks again and let me know about that *thing*:thumb:

Tony Fields
03-05-2006, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=blk86trbo]Yeah Matt, I wish you could have saved this car, but I don't think you wanted to mess with it. Do you still want the fender tag? I never did recieve your SASE.

Here's a pic of just part of the rust. That in itself wouldn't be impossible to work with, but the fact that the frame is bent probably is the finishing blow. A hemi 'Cuda? Then hell yes...but a GTC, sadly no.

Also a pic of the side molding for Tony.

I would be interested in the passenger door "Turbo GTC" moulding. I would be interested in the driver's side also if Chad doesn't buy it.

PM sent

Tony

daytonachad
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Go ahead and get the door moulding, as I have been rummaging through my parts this afternoon, I found 1 I had forgotten about.