PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in reasonably priced progressive alky controller?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 12:01 AM
I have been testing one for months, works great, its a 3bar, progressive, 2 knobs and an on light, similar to the Devil's own unit in size.

You can get 2, 3 or 4 bar, price is a $100 shipped.

If any interest, we'll offer them, if not, :mecry: :lol:

TO CLARIFY-controller only, you have to piece your kit together.

Ebay, Devilsown etc has 250psi pumps for $120, nozzles are $15, holders $9.

shackwrrr
09-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Any sources for a cheap pump and nozzles?

speedfreek500
09-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Ya i'am in, any pics of this or is it a one of your homemade goodies?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Any sources for a cheap pump and nozzles?

Nozzles and pumps are fairly priced at Devils Own, or maybe search Ebay, Amazon.

Ya i'am in, any pics of this or is it a one of your homemade goodies?

I'll take a pic of mine and post up, it won't be quite the same but you'll get the picture, :eyebrows:

speedfreek500
09-10-2012, 02:13 AM
So is it a complte kit for $100?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Its just the controller, hence the title, :p

DO wants $155 plus shipping so this is a bit cheaper and works just as well and I think better, it lasts longer, lol.

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Crappy pic added.

johnl
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Looks good Simon. Two knobs control what?

One progressively increases volume sprayed, right?
Second?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
First knob is when the alky starts, 2nd knob is when you want it full. So right now, I have it coming on at 8 psi, then progressively turns on the pump until 15 psi where its at full boogey, :nod:

johnl
09-10-2012, 05:43 PM
OK, makes it easy to adjust the spray to the quality/cooling capacity of the gasoline.

Not to be critical, but how do you verify/authenticate the knobs? That is, how do I know it turns on at 8 and increases at what rate, to full at 15? Is there a read out? based on a baro/MAP sensor?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 05:57 PM
OK, makes it easy to adjust the spray to the quality/cooling capacity of the gasoline.

Not to be critical, but how do you verify/authenticate the knobs? That is, how do I know it turns on at 8 and increases at what rate, to full at 15? Is there a read out? based on a baro/MAP sensor?

We aren't spraying gas but windshield washer fluid, :p

Its calibrated internally and I've checked it using a vacuum/pressure hand pump. There are numbers on the dial, so you simply turn the dial to want you want. I just ordered a 14gph nozzle, can't wait to try it.

Rrider
09-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Will this work any old pump like a generic shureflo?

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Will this work any old pump like a generic shureflo?

Yep, its just a pulsed 12 volt output.

johnl
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
We aren't spraying gas but windshield washer fluid, :p

Its calibrated internally and I've checked it using a vacuum/pressure hand pump. There are numbers on the dial, so you simply turn the dial to want you want. I just ordered a 14gph nozzle, can't wait to try it.

I know that you are not spraying gasoline. My point was that you can stage the boost pressure at which you introduce your alky/water, depending upon the quality of the gasoline you are using. That is, you can run c**p regular if you turn on the mix a little earlier, say at 10 pounds. Or if you want really high boost, then use race gas but don't turn on the juice until you really need it, say at 20 or 25 pounds . . . .

Oh, BTW, RRider and me, we can't buy methanol based windshield washer fluid here in CA., so we have to mix our own. Besides, there's other stuff in windshield washer fluid . . . . . maybe OK, maybe not so OK.

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I know that you are not spraying gasoline. My point was that you can stage the boost pressure at which you introduce your alky/water, depending upon the quality of the gasoline you are using. That is, you can run c**p regular if you turn on the mix a little earlier, say at 10 pounds. Or if you want really high boost, then use race gas but don't turn on the juice until you really need it, say at 20 or 25 pounds . . . .

Oh, BTW, RRider and me, we can't buy methanol based windshield washer fluid here in CA., so we have to mix our own. Besides, there's other stuff in windshield washer fluid . . . . . maybe OK, maybe not so OK.

I know, just bustin your chops.

Gotcha, I read that, sucks about the methanol, :( Gray market methanol here we come, :nod: I have a 55 gallon drum of the stuff, :thumb:

I don't think the other stuff is of any concern, I haven't heard anyone have issues and I never have either, except clean valves, :clap:

turbovanmanČ
09-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Just put a 14 gph nozzle in, works beautifully with the controller, :nod:

boost geek
09-23-2012, 11:30 PM
ifI had te cash, I would try it as a nitro njectuion once my car is running

turbovanmanČ
09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Well there's next year Dick.

boost geek
09-28-2012, 01:31 AM
D.Ounits work great, my engine would have grenaded right awaywithout itDAVE AND I shut itt off on some W.OT.rruns on afreeway onramp ower fadeded quickly on 96 octane